Would this work? [+Questions]

I'm planning on writing a story that involves a few more characters than I'd usually use, but I want people to know a little bit about all of them. I'm not going to do it so the extra characters are just in the background or people that are just there but don't have much importance, I'm going to try and make it so they're all needed. I love other stories that manage to do that with characters so I'm going to give it a go myself.

I was thinking that the best way to do it would be to write in the third person, but I'm not very good at that and some parts of it might be best done in first person really.

So, basically what I was wondering, is if you think I could do this without it feeling too complicated or, maybe even annoying.

I was thinking about using first person and doing it in the main character's point of view, but then for some chapters I'd have it in third person and focus more on a different character for that chapter. It wouldn't be every other chapter, but every now and again I'd do a bit of an insight into what's going on with someone that the main focus isn't on.

I would do first person and just change the point of views over but...I don't know. For some reason I don't want to do that this time.

The more I'm talking about it, the more I'm thinking it could work but I'm not sure if anyone would want to read it properly if it's done that way... Meh...I don't know.

1. So what do you think?
2. Any tips for writing in 3rd person?
3. Are you still on holiday or back at school now?
4. Bored?
5. Cats or dogs?

Oh, and just because I feel like adding this in, I LOVE FALLING IN REVERSE RIGHT NOW! :)

So good... xD
August 11th, 2011 at 10:16am