Yes I do love you, friends, just can I have a different conversation now...?

Perhaps I did complain about my friends. I didn't quite mean to. I just meant that I wish I also had friends interested in picking up a bloody book one day and telling me what they thought of it. Or someone who actually knows what is going on in the hockey game (or come to mine?). A little more of that.

I love my friends, I really do. But I quite sure my lack of drinking and smoking (oh and sex) does make me appear a bit dull to them, just as their lack of enthusiasms for art, or sports, is sort of sad to me. I love when we have bonfires, or go out for dinner and such, but after a while you don't want to hear about things you don't participate in (and even if you do try to change the subject it still goes back to it.). Can you blame me?

And I don't think it is true you have to be older in order to have conversations regarding things outside of just strictly what is going on in our teenager lives. Just because I may not directly be involved in something half way around the world, doesn't mean my teenage brain isn't interested in it nor does it mean it will wait to be twenty flippin' five to discuss those things.

Also, yeah, I get it's what teenagers do- and that's why we talk about it, but surely that's not all you do? I mean, I don't and unless I've been lied to, I'm 17 years old, so surely there is someone like me?

So all I'm bloody saying is -despite how much I love my friends, and enjoying talking to them, and hanging out- I wouldn't mind a bit of a new prospective on ideas, and someone willing to share them.
August 11th, 2011 at 11:22am