Blood

My story doesn't start like most stories my name is Teagan Makeshift that of course is not my real name due to the fact that I have to change my name to keep a existence that I am both ashamed of and proud of, a secret from the world around me. My real name is Tiberious Octavious I have been immortal for more than a thousand years. I was given immortality against my will, but also have come to embrace it I realize that this contradicts everything you cant have both you cant love one thing and hate that same thing. That isn’t why I’m telling you my story, that is not why I want you to hear it. I have come to hate the existence of humans or mortals, I also want to be human or mortal again like I said this contradicts what I say I am not crazy as some of you may start to think. I am both hero and villain in this story I am both victim and attacker in this story. As I told you I have been alive or should I say dead for more than a thousand years I am what you have come to call a vampire or the undead I drink the blood of others to sustain my existence unlike most stories you have read or movies you have seen I am unlike any of those you have come to know and I am more like some of those you do know I don’t burn up in sunlight or sparkled crosses don’t hurt me, holy water either, so you can through out all you know about vampires what you think you know for I am the exception and I will explain .

My story begins in ancient Roman time around the year 27BC, this part of my story is not part of the history you know or that has ever been written down it was lost to time and destroyed by certain individuals so they may maintain power. As I was saying I was a High Ranking general in the Roman army I alone and the soldiers that followed me where responsible for most of the land that roman founded. The war victories that The roman empire and Ceaser Augustus had where privileged to. I was married to the love of my life and had a son who would share in my glory and my house would rule the empire on day, this is where history has been written different or the truth has been lost. I was married to Cleopatra her son was my son that I was betrayed by many my life stripped from me for what I had become, what I was turned into against my will. I was the hero who was looked at as the villain, the animal, the demon by everyone that was my family and my friends, I had become the nightmare of peoples dreams.

This all started when I was sent on a mission by my emperor to scout a newly conquered land together intell and resources for the Roman empire. This new land was said to be dark, forbidding, and mysterious. That people of this land where few and easily conquered but there was a darkness that I was told in this land that could not be explained. I set out to this land in the south with a group of my strongest and bravest men with me, as we gathered our supplies and mounted our horses for the journey that would be the beginning and the eventual end to my life, I said goodbye to my wife and son and set out towards the mysterious land that held what would become the answer and the end to who I would become and who I was. As the journey began the stories of what this new land held began to swirl around that evil things happened in this land and evil like nothing we have ever seen or heard of dwelled there. I would remind my soldiers many time on this journey "you all must keep your heads strait" "don't let suppression and tales of monsters cloud your judgment". I would like to tell you that the journey went well that we made it to our destination without any misshapes but then I would not be who I am or I would not be where I am.

As we reached the first part of our journey we had to cross a mountain range that would take us further into the land that we would have to chart and gather resources for the Empire, as we went forward over the mountain range it became apparent we could not make it over. We had to regroup and find another way around that meant we would travel thought a very dark part of this land that was described to us as where the people of this land said "evil itself lived and nothing ever come back the same as it went in". Coming to what we considered the front of the territory that was around the mountain range which we could not travel over we came to a very dark area which we could not hear any sound no life seemed to exist here or none we could see or hear at the time. We made our way forward not knowing or expecting much from anyone or anything. The journey took several days with nothing much happening at first but as we made our way further into this dark territory things started to turn towards the worst several of our slaves disappeared one night without a sound being heard we took this as a sign that they ran off when they had a chance that we could not follow them or waste our time, but as time went on my men began to disappear and I would come to meet evil face to face.

I was standing in the middle of nowhere with what was left of my men as we braced ourselves for what was attacking us. My men began to be taken by something that moved faster then the blink of an eye one after one, when all that was left was a young soldier who’s name I can no longer remember but I can remember his story why he was with us. He wanted to make a name for himself and bring honor to his family. He wanted adventure, to bring more power to the empire, and he wanted me to be proud of him for fighting side by side with me. That’s when I just remember the flash and watching as his headless body fell to the ground and standing over him was what I considered at the time the most beautiful women other then my wife that these eyes have ever seen.

As she stood over the body smiling at me she lifted up the severed head and drank the blood. I stood there stunned by what was at the time something that scared me to the depths of my soul and also amazed me at the shear power that stood before me. This women started to walk towards me as I drew my sword to defend myself she spoke "Don't be afraid I am just going to release you from your pain". I say with deep fear, but courage in my voice " the only pain that will be felt to night will be my sword relieving your head from your body". The woman laughed a laugh that still sends chills through my spine today when I remember it. The women walked towards me, I lifted my sword awaiting her attack she stopped only for a second to state " I am thirsty " thinking this meant she wanted something to drink I reached to my side and removed my water pouch and through it at her feet looking down at my water pouch see slowly looked up at me and smiled say " that’s not what I am thirsty for " And in a instant she was on me before I could even blink pinning me to the ground she came closer to me and whispered in my ear " I will take your life!" But if you ask I will also give you life and you can be my slave". I then asked in a whisper " how is taking my life going to give me life?" And as if a shot of lighting went through my body she ripped off my armor and sank her teeth into my chest.

As I was telling you my story is different then the one you have heard of before. The vampires that we are don’t bite on the neck, or the arms, or legs, but the poison we spew through your veins. Yes I call it poison must go directly into the heart for the heart is where your soul is so the poison must kill your heart if a vampire bites you any other place you just die the poison kills you. In some cases you become a monster that must be killed for you will infect everyone you bite and it becomes a plague. But that’s later on in my story about plagues.

This women sank her teeth deep into my chest, fangs that felt like hot knives burning deep into my soul and I felt my life slowly drifting away and then there was nothing. My vision began to blur and I could feel my heart stop beating but at the same time I could feel the poison flowing through me hot like lava burning deeper and deeper I cried out " God help me " the women said " only I can help you God won't listen to you any more" and then I was gone .

Waking up what seemed as though I had slept for days I had the worst pain I had ever felt before even after all the battles I have been through all the injuries nothing felt like this pain it wasn’t a pain from injuries but a pain from losing ones soul losing ones life. I was laying in a straw bed in a dimly candle late room or should I say a cave with the smell of rotting flesh in the air all around me. I tried to sit up but was unable to control any part of my body, a voice came out of the darkness saying "you need to rest you have not full turned your body isn’t your yet". I tried to look around but was unable to focus so I closed my eyes and tried to dream. All I could see was terror, darkness I no longer could dream who I was gone I was changing into something that would take me to hell something that no one would want around or want to live.

Remembering how I became who and what I am is all part of what I want you to understand why I believe the human race needs to be exterminated from the face of this God forsaken planet the existence of humans is what makes my life and existence unbearable I wish only for the end to come for me to fade away the total existence of humans sickens me these fat stupid uneducated monkeys the only have one purpose to be food for my kind but also my kind need to be exterminated also. I believe that what I am and what my kind are only makes the existence of humans possible I alone could wipe out the human race with one bite I only could bring about the end of the world by bringing a plague to this world that would make the blacken plague look like a cold outbreak.

Remember I told you that if one of my kind would bite a victim anywhere like the neck or the arm that the poison that we spew would turn the victim into something monstrous. I take you back to the middle ages the dark time in the history of this world it was the year 1340 I was a knight in a small offset kingdom of England to a fat ugly little no name king who had no morals and belittled his people and taxed them into slavery I came to be in this position so I could feed on animals that I owned and no one would be the wiser to my animals disappearing. But I am getting ahead of myself I have to take you back to my life or what was left of my life after I was changed after my death to my soulless existence to what I am now.

After I gained my strength to move what little movement I could manage, I stood up and looked around the cave unable to really focus on one thing but what I could see was human remains scattered about I assumed the victims that this monster feed upon was this what I was to become a monster feeding on humans or animals living in dark caves and killing. As I continued to look and slowly move around my eye sight became clear even more focused I could see more details in what I was looking at you could say my eye sight was almost superhuman colors, textures, where more vivid I came upon the remains of a uniform that I reginized it was the uniform of the young soldier who was with me at the end only a torso and a armed remained but the uniform was intact I fell to my knees knowing that back in Rome a wife and child was without their father who died for no reason other then becoming food for this monster who now had changed me into what it was I now was in my mind the same thing that killed all my men.

As I knelt there next to the remains of this soldier I felt a hunger almost a thirst as if I needed to drink and I needed it right now the feeling became more intense as the smell of blood and flesh rose into nostrils I was overcome with this thirst but it also sickened me as I thought why would I be so thirsty why in this surrounding would the overwhelming feeling of hunger or being thirsty start. and then out of nowhere I leaned forward and with put thinking I began to lick and suck the wet blood off the corpse and it was satisfying I was feeling refreshed almost rejuvenated and I began to feed on the flesh with every bite I became more satisfied and I felt stronger, my senses became alive I could hear clearer, smell better, I felt my strength growing that’s when out of nowhere a voice a voice that I heard before but now it was clearer more vivibrent telling me "stop slow down you will be able to feed." I looked up from my position there kneeling over this bloody mess to see the women the monster that started all this her beauty was even greater as I was able to see with my new eyes the colors of her eyes bright yellowish red the color of the sun her lips bright red her smile perfect white teeth her skin white but a white that would make her look bad smooth skin she was tall dark hair raven colored as I took in more of her I came to her hands fingers long and smooth fingernails pointed sharp looking almost razor or knife like she smiled at me and said "stand up" I then stated in return "I will not!" "I am not your slave!" and in a flash she was next to me lifting me up off my knees and into the air smiling at me with that smile the smile that haunts me the smile that contains the teeth, the poison that changed me she then says to me "you will do as I say!" "your not as strong as I." "I have existed longer then you can count I have feed longer and I am your master." hanging there in mid air with a vice like grip around my neck I felt like I should be grasping for air but did not she then said " If I wanted I could snap your neck and tear your body to pieces like your friends in a blink of an eye." she then asked if I wanted to die I began to think "yes" but with what little voice I could muster I spoke "No I want you to let me go I want to go home please release me" laughing she let go of my neck and I dropped to the ground laying there on my back I wanted to cry but as a soldier my training would not let me and I would not let me I could not show this weakness but also I knew or felt as though I would not be able to cry.

Laying there on the ground wanting to vault up into action remembering my training as a soldier I wanted to defend myself to destroy the enemy that was near me but as the feeling came over me I also wanted to live to return to my wife and child for I knew that I was no match for this monster I was not as strong or as fast I remembered she said she had existed longer then I have been so knowing this I knew I was no match for her. As I continued to dwell in this place this dark, damp forbidding land I learned from my new master who I would come to call "Ziaire" that’s the name she told me for she was named by her master after what she said was her birth into this existence.

Ziaire told me the story of how she was created by the first the One called "The Fallen" for it had no real name It was only known by her as her master he or it created her. Ziaire went onto tell me that "The Fallen" was here at the beginning when all things where created she told me in the beginning "The Fallen" was created to destroy all the good to create a world only evil would rule that the only thing humans where to become was food like cattle to be breaded for their existence. But as ziaire went on she said that a greater power defeated "The Fallen" one of its own kind one that believed humans and vampires where meant to exist together not separate. Zaire told me that she was sent out to create a army for "The Fallen" and army that would help defeat the other. Ziaire has been living in this land for millions of years she came to this land when man first started to walk upright but she said primitive man could not be changed into vampires because their minds where unable to grasp what was happening to them so she waited and waited for humans to evolve but humans did not come to this land in great numbers so she had to wait for them she had to wait for me someone she could change to lead people to her someone who would help her create the army that "The Fallen" needed.

I listened to what Ziaire told me and I also planned what I wanted to do I wanted to get back home. Ziaire said as I feed I would gain certain powers, powers that where inside me like her she was able to control minds and emotions and make one feel pain. so as I planned in my mind I had to keep my plans deep down inside for if she ever read my mind I felt she would end my life. Ziaire told me I would go back to Rome and bring more soldiers and more people to this land for both of us to change. As I continued to feed my powers did start to manifest speed was one, strength another, and I was able to control the minds of animals so I assumed that I could control the minds of humans as well.

Ziaire came to me after I had been with her for almost two years telling me it was time for me to go back to the Roman empire and begin what she had planned. This was the time this was when I made my move with her thinking I would obey her as she turned to walk away. I moved as fast as I possibly could grading my sword I went straight for the kill shot trying to take off her head. Ziaire turned right as I made my strike slicing at her neck Ziaire fell to the ground her head hanging slightly off her body. I did what I needed to do I felt free for a instance. Standing there I looked down at her body and was amazed to notice her eyes looking directly at me then she spoke "I will kill you" "you have only injured me you fool" we can't be killed like common animals". "You only delayed what I will do to you" at that instance I turned using my speed I ran as fast as I possibly could making my way out and away from this land and back to my home.

As I ran nothing could stop me. Not a tree, a animal, a bush, but anything in my way would be destroyed. Nothing but the sight of my home would soon bring me to tears, and my knees. I ran for miles on end. To you it might seem like running around to world, but to me I was like taking two steps forward, and being there already. I ran for days and nights. Nonstop, crashing into trees, soon bringing them down. I was so close, I could tell be the smell of blood from my people. I had to hold it together. But the smell of pure human blood was so great, so much better than eating wild forests animals. I got so caught up in the intoxicating smell of humans I almost forgot to stop. I couldn't just run into the world, with what I have become. I had to show my face in some other way. I had to hurry though Ziaire would for sure be on her way. I passed back and forth, thinking of some way not to frighten my people.

Then at the moment of a amazing plan, a young boy ran pass. I could only see though the trees, but he looked just like a face I have come to forget. I stood there, I was stunned for a moment of the thought this could be him. My little boy. Although he was not the little boy he was before, but a grown man if you will, a teen perhaps. I stop and stared as he turned and gestured his hand towards a man and a women. My love, Cleopatra, could this be her? I could not hold it in, this was them, my family. They have lived though out the years. As I was running I caught the sight of a man. A man most familiar. He was with my love holding her like his own. It was only but my best friend, my old best friend. Ceaser. I was full of anger. I wanted to kill him. Ruin his life the way mine was ruined. I wanted to dig my inhuman like teeth into his skin, killing his soul. I started running towards them. Faster than I have ever gone before. At that moment I saw Cleopatra. She was so happy with him. The smile on her face is something I could never give her now. Not with what I have become.

I stopped myself. They walked towards the middle of the city with happy smiles on there faces. I put my head down in deep disappointment. I just wanted to tell them both one last time that I loved them. But even with me coming back wouldn't change the fact i was a monster, a demon, a mistake by god.
August 13th, 2011 at 04:03am