Death Note: The Live-Action U.S. Movie

Yes people it has happened, Hollywood has officially screwed life over. Why? Warner Bros. is making a U.S. version of Death Note in live titled: Death Note: Kira...God help us...It will star some guy named Taylor Kitsch who looks and is thirty(have fun playing a high school student Taylor) and was Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.(...yay...) playing Kira and Henry Cavill who played Henry Brandon in The Tudors and who I j'adore but looks mid-thirties(is 28) and too muscular to be playing L...F.M.L. anyone? The movie will be coming out sometime in 2012(which could also be the timing for Bleach the live-action movie...if it's anything like DragonBall Evolution I demand a formal apology from Warner Bros.). So far the only good thing about it seems to be that Shane Black is the director and he's actually read the damn manga; not to mention it's his favorite manga and is quoted as saying such.

"It's my favorite manga, I was just struck by its unique and brilliant sensibility," Black said. "What we want to do is take it back to that manga, and make it closer to what is so complex and truthful about the spirituality of the story, versus taking the concept and trying to copy it as an American thriller"

So who knows really...it might be worth watching, though I doubt it. As far as I'm concerned I'll probably watch it just to see if Shane payed his respects. Hell if things keep going the way they're going we might see a Pokemon or Digimon live-action movie! And who doesn't want to see that besides everyone? Good luck Shane, please do my favourite anime/manga good!
August 13th, 2011 at 05:46am