life changing.

I went on Student Exchange to the United States of America in January - July 2011.

It changed my life, for the better! I am now so outgoing and not afraid about what people think about me. I no longer have to get permission from my friends to do things, i just do what i want within reason. The other day i got my belly button pierced and the week before that i got home from being in America 6 months. I have grown so much as a person that it is so unbelievable. I drink alcohol on occasion and i socially have a great time. I'm growing into a person i am proud of and am so thankful for my family. If i had one wish right now, it would be to have everything that is happening right now progress in a positive way until i achieve my ultimate goal of becoming a endocrinologist to help kids and adult who struggle with diabetes primarily and also people who deal with thyroid problems!

I personally think that student exchange is a huge eye opener in so many lights. I miss everything i had whilst i was in America, but its the same feelings as i had when i was there. You know that saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'? Well i can now say i understand, but not based on a sexual relationship. Based on a family relationship. The relationships i have with my family now, since i have been home, are marvelous. We are all so much more relaxed and we really love each others company. We longed for each other while i was gone, and now that i am back we are not wasting anymore time. We try and do a lot together, but mostly just support each other and be around for one another. It's an amazing feeling and change, i hope it sticks around. But i know that if everyone puts in the effort things will turn out great.

This isn't a plug or anything; this is just planting a seed in teenagers minds. If you have ever wanted to go on exchange just look it up, okay? It's not expensive and i actually went on a scholarship that i found...it changed me so much and i have grown so much as a person. Its not all roses, but at the end of it, you look back and everything is amazing, how you feel is always great. Look into it if you would like, feel free to comment me for questions!

-Tay.
August 13th, 2011 at 12:05pm