Growing Pains

Alright ya'll so a week from today I will be in LaGrange about to embark on the next adventure in my life...COLLEGE. Will I be a good student? Probably. Will I meet some cute boys? Hopefully- they just gave one of the two freshmen girls' dorms to the guys as a second freshmen boys' dorm so I think that;s code for a higher boy:girl ratio. Will I get all party crazed without the adult supervision lurking over my shoulder? Hell yeah. Will you see me on an edition of Girls Gone Wild (or something equally lucrative)? Not a chance, I party in a classy way! But let me rewind a bit. For a very good reason I do believe that I will do some hard partying, I feel it in my being, I won't become a statistic but I will admit that I am one of those girls that was sheltered and protected their whole life- I didn't know what a gang or Mary Jane was until I moved off base before my sixth grade year. Another reason is that my momma is *shudder* overprotective to the point where I'm behind the social curve- I still don't have my license and I'm 18 people! While ALL (literally, it's not one of those "if so-and-so jumps off a bridge... things) of my friends were out getting their permits at 15 I was sitting home with my mom's friend's boyfriend convincing her I wasn't ready for the test (I failed the first time by one question and passed the second time). At 16 I was bumming rides from all my Senior friends (I didn't have a job either). At 17 I finally got my driver's permit and a job- yay FREEDOM! Come 18, my birthday was a disaster (my great-aunt died and her funeral was held on my birthday) there was no clubbin' and no cake. Fast-forward six to eight months, I still don't have my license (more ride bumming whoop-dee-smurfing-doo, sorry I saw The Smurfs today and I couldn't resist), I have yet to attend a club, and I'm supposed to abstain from sex until I'm grown*****. Now here's the switch-up that has me saying "what the smurf?", when I go out with friends she isn't calling me at ten pm to see when I'll be home like my other friend's momma does. My momma didn't even blink when I said I wanted to go to Buffalo's at six pm on a Saturday, when all the drunk people are out and about. And she just told me that a guy that I met at orientation when our parents introduced us had permission from both our mommas for him to drive me to meet my momma halfway (again with the ride bumming) on vacation weekends. He seemed like a nice guy and all but I just found it awkward. Two weeks before my 18th birthday a guy friend (who had a girlfriend and had already told me I wasn't dark enough for his taste, tell me you just lol'd too!) was going to give me a lift home (still bumming rides) because I missed the dreadful bus (on purpose), long story short I forgot to call and was an hour home because we stayed longer to help a teacher and she flipped. So she flipped over a guy who 1) I had known for two years 2) had a girlfriend 3) wasn't my type and I wasn't his and 4) lived around the corner but is encouraging me to ride an hour with a guy who 1) I can't remember his real first name or last name 2) I can't spell his nickname 3) I only had an hour and a half worth of conversation with and 4) we did not exchange numbers. I mean he appeared decent, nice, blah blah blah etcetera but for all I know he could be a closet creeper and his mother wouldn't know it so she would'nt be able to tell my momma if he were. Sure I could be exaggerating but I'm just saying. I'M SO SORRY IF THIS WAS LIKE REALLY LONG-WINDED OR ANYTHING AND YOU COULDN'T BEAR TO FINISH THE WHOLE THING, I UNDERSTAND. And no I was not just yelling at you, it was just an attention grabber- and yes I really do talk a lot in actual reality haha. Thanks for reading if you did.
August 15th, 2011 at 05:01am