Well, There Goes my Childhood.

At promptly 11:25 AM, Arizona time, my childhood was over. You see, at that exact time 18 years ago, my mother pushed me into this world. Yup, I am now 18 and I still can't wrap my brain around that thought. I mean, I still smile like crazy at the thought of me now being a legal adult. Today also marks nine days until I move out of my parents house and head on over to my college dorm. Words literally cannot describe what I am feeling at the moment. I mean, I am a college freshman. I am going to be leaving all of the comforts of my parents house and going to a teeny tiny dorm room that I am going to share with my sister.

We've been doing everything possible to try and get ready for such a big event in both of our lives. I mean, we've been going up to Flagstaff to finish getting things ready for our move, but there is still so much that we need to get done. I mean, I still have to finish my summer reading, start packing, take my math placement test again, and get the rest of the things I need for my dorm. I am so glad my sister is my roommate because honestly, I don't think I would have it any other way. We lived in the same room for 11 years and seemed to get along just fine. Plus, since we do know each other, we made the decision to bunk out beds in the room so we can have more space.

I have a friend who is going to be heading to the same college as I am and she isn't making the thought of leaving home fun. She keeps trying to bring my sister and I down by telling us she has no clue how she is going to pay for it. I really want to get the nerve to tell her that it's not our fault she didn't start applying for things at the same time as my sister and I. We had all of our college stuff dine about five months before the deadlines. She on the other hand, waited until the very last day to send anything in. She keeps telling us that she is going to have to work two jobs just to try and pay for everything. I'm getting really sick of the whole 'woe is me' thing. She gets really jealous anytime my sister and I get something before she does. She was extremely jealous of the fact that our parents bought us tickets for a four day trip to Disneyland and all she got was a week or so in San Diego. I had to sit her down and tell her that her gift was just as good as ours was.

I honestly can't wait to get everything done and head on over to college. I am now an adult and can't wait to see what college has in store for me. It's been my dream to go to college since I was a tiny child, and now that I am actually getting the chance to do it blows my mind.
August 17th, 2011 at 05:01am