Hmm...Interesting.

So, even though I thought this year was going to be one of the worst of my life due to something tragic that happened at the beginning of January, 2011 has turned out to be one of the best years of my life so far.

I have recently finished my third diploma at university, I have been working a fair bit and I have been able to hang out with my friends every week. ::cute:

Because I was wrapped up with other things in the previous three years, I really had no time to worry about romance. This year has been very interesting in the love department. I have fallen out of love, had a crush, been reckless and wore my heart on my sleeve.

I have never had so much fun spending time with my friends and going clubbing, having random nights in and just basically spending great times together.

I love my job. It doesn't seem like work at all since it is in the industry that I am so passionate about. I mean, my job consists of speaking with some cool people and watching bands play while occasionally serving alcohol.

However, while 2011 has been a mostly good year, there was something pretty awful that happened to me in June. I was involved in a head on car accident on the freeway while I was on the way to work. Luckily both my mother and I who were the only ones in the car escaped without major injuries. The driver of the car that hit us was okay too.

Our $70,000 car was a write off, though.

We spent almost 20 hours in hospital having tests done to make sure we didn't have any spinal injuries but thankfully we just had muscular ones (whiplash, seatbelt marks, bruises)

I know that some people don't believe that there is a God but I strongly do. Something really tragic happened to me back at the start of the year, but to make up for it, I've had the most fun of my life. Another horrendous event that left doctors wondering how we managed to come out of it uninjured means that someone is smiling down at me.

Anyway, I just wanted to write about how thankful I am for the way my life is going. I have had some pretty dark times in the last years. I came from an abusive household, I was without a permanent address for a while and I was spiralling deeper into my depression.

I'm feeling pretty okay at the moment and that is so good for a change.

I hope everyone else is having a beautiful and enjoyable year. Just remember, not everything bad lasts forever. Rule of averages. It all balances out in the end.
August 17th, 2011 at 08:22am