Little Letters

Do you ever get that text, or letter where your sitting there for ages reading it over and over again trying to figure out how to respond? Searching every inch of your mind for the answer that is both the truth and what they want you to say. So you put it off, you chuck your phone across the room and you try and forget about what the tiny message said, the message that you want to answer but you have no idea how too. So you put it off, but just because you don’t have that tiny, frustrating little device within your grasp doesn't mean the words of that message arn't playing over and over again in your mind.

So you look for a distraction, you know the usual things that make the real world fade away and along with the thing you where trying to escape from. But the thing with an escape is they don't last forever, sooner or later you'll come crashing back down to the bitch we call life. And you still haven't thought of an answer.

The next stage is anger or frustration, you're angry not over the message or who its from but the fact that they know the answer they want you to say, and you have no idea what to write. Your frustrated because you don't have the answer, well you do but you're not sure if you're really behind it. You want to be, but there is this suspicion in the back of your mind telling you that if you really wanted what they wanted you would know, and there would be none of this confusion.

So you return to the message, reading it over and over and wait for it, over again. Trying to come up with something, or searching for something within the lines, as there so often is for this person. But again you have nothing, so you leave it. Because they deserve the truth, they deserve the answer that your behind, and once you know that you won't change your mind. So you turn off the phone, knowing that you'll reply to that message when you know yourself. Because this person deserves the answer that at the moment you can't give.

Love, Scarlet.
August 22nd, 2011 at 01:59am