Almost Time to go

After about 15 years of living the same house, sleeping in the same room, and seeing my mom almost everyday my time is just about up. I leave for my first year of college on Saturday. I will admit I"m nervous, excited, happy, and sad all at the same time.

Nervous because obviously it will be a completely new environment with many new people. I know about 5 people from high school who are going to the same school as me. Only bad part is I'm not super close with any of them so I doubt we'll be hanging out too much. Even though my brother goes to this school, it's his last year, he doesn't live on campus, and I can't expect him, a 22 year old man to hang out with a 17 year old. I feel like a baby going into college and I'm not even legal yet. I"m also nervous because I'm trying out for the softball team.

I'm excited because it will be a new place and new people. New things to learn and more memories to make. Excited to be living away from home. Excited not to have my mom call me to tell me to come home at a certain time.

Happy that I've made it this far. I'm proud of myself. It still doesn't really feel real. School in my area starts tomorrow and I feel weird because I'm up and not sleeping awaiting tomorrow when I'd have to get up and catch the bus. It hasn't set in that I won't be walking through those same doors, leading to the familiar hallways, that hold the classrooms of familiar, new, and favorite teachers. Even as I pack my brain can't wrap itself around everything.

Sad that I won't see my best friends face to face. There's skype, oovoo, facebook, twitter, etc. but it won't be the same as sitting on the couch watching movies and just laughing. Or walking around the mall saying how we wish we had more money so we could get those pair of shoes. Sad because one of my best friends is already gone. She'll be about 4 hours away from me in PA at her dream school. She's been there a few days and she's already loving it. I don't want to let her know that I don't know what to do without her. Sad because I won't come home everyday to say hey to my mom or laugh at her as she says something embarrassing. I'll miss coming down my street everyday after I get off the bus. My other best friend has 2 more years of high school, bless her heart. I hope she treasures it, because although it may seem sucky at times when you're done sometimes you'll get the extreme feeling of wanting to have it all back.

Ugh I'm a freshie all over again

Good luck to everyone heading back to school in all grades. Remember education is important so don't blow it off. It's not cool to be dumb.

Anyone already in college have any advice or tips for me the little ol' freshman?
August 22nd, 2011 at 08:02am