Almost over.

This summer has gone by like a satellite through the night sky. It's always been my one little piece of solace throughout the year amongst months of chaos and stress; keeping on top of friends and school work has been chaotic. And to finally be rid of it all, to have nothing to worry about - I feel lost. Sure I go back in a little under two weeks, but it's a new school and new curriculum. It's going to be all on my time, my responsibility.

Responsibility. There's something else. Seeing as I've just turned 18 and all, my father expects me to pay for everything - stupid things like gas and if I need food. But when I express my intentions of finding a job to pay for such "menial" things, I'm told time and time again that, "School is your job." So, slowly, my life's savings - babysitting money, birthday money, Christmas money, all of it - is being wasted on pathetic things instead of things I thought I would have been saving for.

It's stupid that these stupid stuff bothers me so. But it does. And I need to solidify it so I can forget it.

I've also been legal in Canada since August 6th. I hate the fact that I haven't gotten drunk or gone to a bar once yet.
The first alcohol I've bought legally was a bottle of Captain Morgan's spiced rum that I took one shot of and didn't see again. Didn't get paid for it either.
I'm just sick of friends. Words are so much easier; letters and computer screens with words sent from somewhere foreign. Much easier. Easier to remember that you'll be forgotten if you loose touch, easier to remember that it's not important and that you have no true connection to.

No regrets about not worrying about relationships and boys. I'd rather be mature than hormonal regarding love and whatever chemical reactions occur.
August 25th, 2011 at 04:25am