Unabstract Thoughts

I think about the injustices of life – of the deep valleys between human beings, about the vastness and immense space of a major library in some ancient city, and about the failure on our part to find the language to communicate with each other. I drift comatose into the stillness of our loneliness, of our never-ending desire to be in that moment that will deliver us into the warm hands of emptiness. I think about the noise and the city life that suck the life out of the earth.

I think about our hunger and my migraine headaches. I think about anger and despair we feel when our choices have been taken. I think about the mother who murdered her child because she succumbed to madness.

I think about the songs that people sing about love and hope. I think about Haiti and her people. I think about my belly full and aching. I think about my brand new nephew, how puffy and comfortable he looks in my sister’s healthy embrace. I think about my tears and their smearing effect on my words.

I think about men who have left their children behind. I think about our emptiness and our futile attempt to fill the waves with useless talk. I think about the industry of violence, about their children and children’s children, and how history will forget their forefathers ill gains. I think about our old ones, our heroes, and how our minds will forget their battles and glories.

I think about paradise and how we’ve surrendered it to the handful of thugs who stand tall making proclamations of how we should live. I think about love and forgiveness – and how all of it, and us is only a fragment of a prolonged story.

written by: Anthony Wayne Tamburini
on:07/28/2011
August 26th, 2011 at 01:57am