Life in the Country? Bleh...

Yes, I am a country dweller...and hating it.

I truly do not understand why certain people love the country and think it is peaceful...

I have been living in a small country town now fro eleven years, and I feel like my life is slowly being wasted away. Throughout the school year I have no problem, but during the summer I feel like a zombie.

I just got back from Italy, and there I was living in a big city. I just loved having all of my friends living so close to me,a n we could go for a coffee or go shopping when ever we want...seriously here in the country I don't even live close to a big city...or any of my friends.

In my town there are three stores and a Tim Horton's...I mean I like coffee but Tim's just gets dull, and plus you can not sit there with friends for too long.

I truly feel like a zombie who's brain is wasting away slowly as the long days pass by in this small town. I love to write on Mibba, but I don't get good inspiration because nothing happens were I live. However, when I get the chance to visit the city, (for example to see my best friend), my mind fills with inspiration for many stories, and my notebook gets filled with ideas curing my city stay.

Personally, I can wait to leave and explore the city. I don't want to be looked at like a stupid country dweller...as viewed by the city. Seriously, when i was in the city to see my friend and my mom dropped me off at the bus stop, we were looking at the bus route maps and we couldn't find one. Fortunately, this lady was standing in front of us, so my mom decided to ask for help. And the first thing that she said to this woman was, "Haha we're from the country so..."

And then the woman talked to me like I was five. Seriously...I don't want that kind of treatment anymore.

I don't know if any of you are actually fellow country dwellers like me, but I don't mean to judge. If you love living where you are, all the power to you! :)

And of course this journal wouldn't be complete without some questions! :)

1. Would you want to live in the country? Why or why not?
2. If you live in the city, what is it like?
3. Where do you get inspiration for your stories/poems?
4. Ever thought about living in the country?
5. What is your dream place? (I know that mine is a downtown condo )

Comment and love you all! :)
August 27th, 2011 at 05:21am