Hurricane Irene.

Last night, my family and I prepared for the worst. Hurricane Irene was slowly making her way to Long Island. Of course, we were already experiencing 75 mile per hour winds by ten o'clock. She was supposed to make her appearance at 12 or one in the morning.

My step-mom filled the bath tub with water, why I don't really know. She also packed a suitcase so we could be prepared if we had to "jet out there" as she put it. But, would you want to drive through a hurricane? I mean, we'd have to drive to Pennsylvania because Hurricane Irene wouldn't hit there. We'd have to drive through NYC and most of the bridges were closed. Well, I think they were. I was too fixated on the picture of Irene moving to pay attention to what the news people were saying. Real smart right?

Anyways, after that we shut all the doors upstairs. Just incase the news people were right when they made it as bad as it seemed. Luckily, no trees fell through windows (where I live that is) and no glass was shattered. We're all safe. Although, there were a bunch of leaves and branches scattered in the backyard.

I was pretty scared though. I mean, what if a tree did fall through the window. I slept downstairs where it wouldn't be severe but still. A tree falling through a window would be SCARY. And, the news people made it sound as if we were going to die. We're all perfectly fine, just a little floodin in parts of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

Hurricane Irene hit hard, but not as hard as I thought.
August 28th, 2011 at 09:36pm