This morning, I thought of you. [Question(s).]

I woke up with you next to me, your breath hot on my ear. Your eyes still shut, your lips slightly parted, and your head rested on me, you pulled me close with an unconscious smile and my fingers slipped through your hair. I pressed my lips to your forehead and I nuzzled into your neck. You stirred and I looked up, eyes wide and waiting, not sure if I was smiling or not. My breath caught as you gave me that half-asleep look, with your nearly closed eyes shining bright, and your mouth pulled slightly up almost smiling, soft features content with the world.

It was perfect; and then it ended. With the blink of an eye, my waking dream was gone, and I was shoved into hard, cold reality. I wanted nothing more than to roll over into that alternate reality and curl up in your arms. Instead, I got up and headed to the bathroom, and got ready to face this world.

------------

"Journal: Write a describing your perfect day."

Not quite, but that's what I got, and it's truthful. I missed him.

Question
Have you ever had a moment like that, when you woke up or came out of an "off in your own world" state, and for just that moment it was like you were in a completely different reality?
Care to share?
August 30th, 2011 at 07:25am