Hooray! The Journals are Busier- Too Bad the Forums are Still Dead| |Abortion|Obama

So, not going to lie, I'm not all that thrilled about the journals being more active, though praise Dujo for getting rid of the spammers- and hopefully installing a captcha?- but the forums are stiiiiill dead.

So, little journal buddies, feeling opinionated?
Float over to the Forums, because they're wicked sick and keeping track of your angry debates is much more fun and easy on the forums (yes, I'm totally whoring out the forums, because I'm bored... And the journals are tedious to keep track of).

Have thoughts about improving mibba?
Some hot topics right now are Book Club+Writing Group Forum,Improvements for the Story Review/Comment Threads - Also a good place to check out if you're looking for comment swaps - Mentors and Welcome PM's. The last could be a member implemented idea, and I know people have been talking about the Mibba Revival a lot lately, and with all the added traffic since Dujo fixed things, this could be something that gets taken up.

Have opinions about Politics? This forum has a lot of things about Abortion, Obama(and all things related), Gay Rights, and of course, all things political.
What about Religion? Though there is a pretty heavy focus on Christianity, there are several threads about other religions, such as Islam, the FSM, Judaism, as well as broader topics on general religious beliefs or the lack thereof.

Want to talk about current events on Mibba? This forum has a lot of information about mibba, as well as discussion topics like (and sadly this is the thread most posted on) Things You Don't Like About Mibba, and the opposite, What Do You Love About Mibba? There's other threads focused on interactions between mibbians, like I Miss You, Mibbians, and Mibba Meet-Up.

Boy Troubles? Feel like Giving Advice? The Relationships forum is the place to go. You can give or recieve advice pretty quickly, and don't have to worry about your journal dropping off the front page.

Have a Question, Bored, or Looking for Someone to Chat With? General is the place to go. Threads like "General Q&A" and "Mibba's Crew to the Rescue" are places you can go to if you need general advice or a shoulder to cry on. WAYT stands for What Are You Thinking, and it's where you should go if you want to chat. Confessions is a place to post what you're feeling, or to vent (without breaking the rules) if you're upset. Aside from the stickied posts, there's a ton of games to play, and it's the place to go for making friends.

If you've got writer's block, want to whore your story, or just want to discuss writing, check out the Tips forum.

Also a good place for writer's block or boredom, try the Writing Contests forum. There's literally hundreds of active contests at a time with new ones popping up hourly. No matter what's your fandom, you can probably find a contest. Write OF? You can find that there too. If you have an obscure fandom (I'm looking at you, thundercats ::arms: ) you can make your own contest and see if people are interested in sharing it.

There are waaaay more forums than this, these are just my favorites, and some of the most popular forums.

Thanks for reading, if you did. I'm just tired of looking at pages and pages of dead forums, and I'm far too lazy to argue on the journals. ::XD:
August 31st, 2011 at 04:35am