My First Pride Parade!!!

I have to admit that I went to my very first Gay Pride Parade yesterday and loved it!!!

It made me feel so comfortable being surrounded by people just like me, and I finally felt like I wasn't alone anymore in my community, (however, I know that I am alone in my town...). Seeing all of the parade floats for different organizations supporting the homosexual community made me feel like our world is starting to accept everyone for who they are and not being prejudiced against.

Canada is a great country for me to live in. It was one of the first to legalize gay marriage and be accepting of our community...so a parade just seems suitable to have!!!

All of the free colourful beads and clown noses, (yes, a man ran down with free red clown noses screaming, "You all need to get noses!"...awesome!), and it just added to my enjoyment of the festivities, and all of the drag queens were just fabulous!

I feel honored to be part of this community, and with this experience of my first Pride Parade behind me, it makes me feel more confident for being myself and expressing who I am to others....and now I want to go again next year, (and not just for all of the free stuff!)...serious!

Life is too short to hate, and seeing even the straight people at the Pride Parade to support us made me feel like the 21st century will be the change to society's views of the gay community...a change for all of us!!

Question Time!:

-Ever been to a Pride Parade? Liked it or disliked?
-If not from Canada, what are your country's views on gay laws and gay pride?
-Like colourful beads?
-Do you think that your community would ever have a pride parade?
-Would you ever take part in a Pride Parade? Why or why not?

I really would like to take part in the parade when I am older...I feel like it is time for me to show the world that I am starting to accept myself and my community!

Love you all!!! <3
August 31st, 2011 at 04:49am