Magical moments and the thoughts involved 1

Last night I was at a bar in my hometown, with some of my best friends. It was wednesday, so there was life music by a guy who comes there every week and sings the most fantastic songs.
Two of those friends have just gone through a rough brake-up. One of them says she will never date anyone before she really gets to know him as a friend. The other is longing so much for a girlfriend and doesn't want to be alone, he is really waiting to meet the girl of his dreams, but at the same time affraid he will never find her..
None of them are really happy and have not been completely happy for the last months. It set me thinking about my own life. Every time I make a wish, it's a fairly simple one: "I want to be happy..."
And i have been for the last years. Being just 19, I can say I'm truelly happy and that makes me feeling even more wonderful. I havn't had a steady boyfriend for the last four years, and not even anything close to a flirt for the last two. I do however, have wonderful friends and a great family. I know myself: I'm naive and too childish, I'm terrible when it comes down to making choices... but I take my time when I have to make a choice and somehow, i've always made the right one :)

I dare to say I'm confident in finding the love of my life, in staying as happy (maybe happier) as I've been and that gives me hope, also for my friends.
I hope they realised that as well, yesterday, being all togheter, drinking some of the best beers, listening to a guy who made his passion his job, singing old songs that make you feel all warm inside.
September 1st, 2011 at 09:23pm