My Chemical Romance / Michael Pedicone

Frank's blog, via mychemicalromance.com:

"Hello all,

Some shit happened last night and before the blogosphere gets all crazy with false statements and ridiculous opinions we want the true story to come from us... But please listen close because this is the only time we are ever going to talk about this. The relationship between My Chemical Romance and Michael Pedicone is over. He was caught red handed stealing from the band and confessed to police after our show last night in Auburn, Washington. We are heartbroken and sick to our stomachs over this entire situation. The band has no intention of pressing charges or taking this matter any further than we have to. We just want him out of our lives. The people who play in this band are a family, and family should not take advantage of each other like he did. We are currently moving forward, and hope to have a new drummer in place for our show in Salt Lake City, Utah. The show must go on.

XOMCR
"

*

Michael Pedicone, via Twitter: "What happened is more complicated than it sounds but I did make a mistake. It was never my intention to hurt this band or all of you."

"It was an error in judgment based on a whole other situation that's way deeper but this does not define me."


Words can not express how heart broken I am right now.
When I think of Pedicone, I think of how I saw him kill those fucking drums a few nights ago (August 31) in Vancouver, as well as in April.
How reading his Twitter updates made me happy, especially when they involved the other members of My Chemical Romance - especially Frank.

And for Mike to just...fuck them over like this, for Frank to be so hurt that he unfollowed Mike on Twitter and deleted any picture they had together...

I just don't know what to think right now.
I want to cry, honestly, because I don't know how I feel about him.

Part of me is grateful that he took up the drums for My Chem because I would have never seen them had they not found a drummer for tour. The other part of me is just so angry with what he did and I'm okay with never having to see/hear of him again because, let's face it, I'm a Killjoy at heart, a proud member of the MCRmy and you just don't fucking do that to my favorite band.

I'm not about to send Pedicone hateful messages via Twitter, because that's the last thing he needs, and I'm not going to unfollow him - not yet, anyways.

I want to hear what he has to say.
Not that it will make it all right because stealing is stealing, bro, and it's wrong, no matter your intention or "error in judgment."

I can't really hope for the best for Michael Pedicone - mostly because I know things won't be great after this - but I will kind of miss him. He was growing on me and he was/is a great drummer.

My thoughts go out to My Chemical Romance - Frank especially - as they try to find another new drummer.
Every Killjoy, every member of the MCRmy, loves you all dearly.

xo.

Iero My Hero. / Spider Splash
September 3rd, 2011 at 06:36am