Boob Stereotypes.

'Whitney smirked at me. She stood way too close to Eric, my boyfriend. I watched in horror as she repositioned herself so her boobs were hanging out of her shirt and in his face. She popped her pink bubblegum bubble and flipped her fake blond hair over her shoulder before grabbing him with her fake nails and rubbing her fake DD breasts all over him. All her little fake breasted friends giggled.

"Oh, Eric," Whitney cooed, "you're like, so strong."'


Ok, you see how big of a stereotype problem that is! Right there. Above you. Yeah, it's bull sh*t and we all know it. That little paragraph is not copied and pasted from anywhere, but you will see that type of scene and that type of character in a story, all the time. I really dislike this, you know why?

Have you ever actually met someone like that? Really. Fake blond hair, nails, and big boobs? Someone who steals other peoples boyfriends like that? I most certainly haven't. Oh, and let's not forget, this girl is also captain of the cheer squad and ruler of the school. This person does not exist. This is not funny, in fact, I find it border line rude.

Lots of people dye their hair. What's so bad about being a fake blond? Really. You're a fake red head. Yet no one is making a spectacle about that. And boobs. Really? My older sister has real sized 34DD breasts. She does not like them, they embarrass her. I don't think you guys all realize how big those boobs you're writing about are. How much they hurt, and can give you back problems. That's why I'm telling you right now, that no surgeon will willingly make your boobs that big, because they will eventually have to give you a reduction.

You know what a stereotype is. Dumb jock. Snorting ugly nerd. Loner chic. Emo loser. Wanna-bee Cheerleader. Cheerleader. Queen of the school. It Boy. Bad Boy. You know them. You know they aren't true, and yet you ruin your story with sh*tty characters with sh*tty personalities and traits.

Stop doing this. It annoys everyone.

People like that blond bimbo do not exist. You're over exaggerating and it makes your story not believable and stupid/annoying (in my opinion).

This, like a stereotype, is a generalization. I know you all don't do this, the people who do these things hopefully know who they are. I don't mean to take offence to anyone who things these characters are awesome, but I am personally offended by them.


Have a duck/chicken thing.

Image
September 3rd, 2011 at 03:17pm