Awareness Through Performance

So, I completely died after move in last night, and a journal was not written. Not that anyone probably missed my journals. Then, today I was going to write one for yesterday, and ended up being lazy instead. I still haven't even fully unpacked.

See:
Image
Those are piles you're seeing. Lots and lots of piles. I have to do something with them before bed. . .

Also,, with the flag - my roommate has a union jack on her side of the room. We decided when we get bored, we're going to jump at each other from our beds, screaming like warriors. . . It's a cultural joke.

Now I've got two days to go through. It took me twenty minutes to transverse half a block yesterday just trying to get to a parking spot for my car. Then up and down four stories of stairs about ten times. By that time, I decided I wasn't unpacking anything I didn't need. I made my bed, piled everything on my desk and in the closet, and went to sleep.

Then today, my roommate and I went for homemade waffle cones and a walk along the river. We watched little kids throw bread at ducks. . . And then sticks when the ducks didn't eat it. Then we came back for Awareness Through Performance.

For those of you that don't know what this is, it is a theatrical effort to curb any type of discrimination. It talks about gender identification, race, sexuality, ability, and alcohol danger awareness. They put on moving performances, and even after going to several of their performances, I leave with goosebumps. If you ever have a chance to see this, do. It's people you know from around campus, and they aren't professional actors or anything. They're just people who feel strongly about hate issues.

And now, I have half an hour to sift through those piles before we go watch our chancellor's blues band play in one of the academic building's yard. ^_^

That's me, Mibba. What do you got?

Love Sheen
September 5th, 2011 at 03:32am