New story idea, tell me what you think?

*As I stepped away from the balcony rail, I looked around in the dark sky. Searching one last time for the person that had fled. It shouldn't have been possible for him to do that! And yet, he still jumped from the railing and sailed into the night.

“What was that back there?!” I shouted to my crew as I walked back through the french doors leading to the patio.

“We just did what we thought was right, Lucy.” Stark mumbled from the corner of the destroyed room.

“Well, doing what you ‘thought was right’ let the creature we have been hunting for over the last few months slip through our finger-tips. How do you think Ralph will take this news? Hope doing the right thing was worth it. Your all going to be in one hell of a mess when He finds out.” I exploded harshly looking at all four of they’re faces.

Theist looked regretfully down at the ground in front of her, Blu stood staring me in the eyes not backing down, Stark just bit his lip and clenched and unclenched his fist. I couldn't look at Robin, for fear of losing my anger in those dangerous brown eyes that have so much power over me.

“We’ll have to leave this town. We can’t stay after tonight, not after our cover has been blown. They’ll know we’re here.” I stated regretfully. I slumped down on the long shredded couch that sat in the middle of the low lit room.

“We don’t have to leave until morning. At the very least.” I heard Robin say after a minute of silence, “Why don’t the rest of you guys go get some sleep, I’m gonna talk to Lucy. She’s just stressed. Don’t take it personally.”

I felt the wait of his body on the couch next to mine, I felt the heat radiating off of him. I felt my heartbeat quicken just having him so close to me. I slowly looked up to his tanned face, to his dark eyes. I didn’t say anything though. I just watched his face. I watched as he watched mine, and I wondered what he sees when he looks at me, if he sees his soul-mate or just some cold-hearted girl.

“Lucy…” Robin started, “They didn’t mean to hesitate. They are just as sorry as you are. How were they supposed to know that he could fly? That he would just take off over the railing like that?”

“It doesn’t excuse what they did. It was they’re job to make sure he died. Ralph told us that that part of our mission is crucial, we had a great opportunity and they blew it!” I spoke up with each word, getting louder.

“Luce. Chill. We made a mistake it happens.” Robin said calmly.

“No, it doesn’t! And it isn’t supposed to. We are specialized people made for this type of thing.” At some point, I stood back up so I was speaking over him. But at the end of my sentence he stood up in front of me. Unfortunately as tall as I was, Robin was taller.*

So that's it. What do you guys think? Is it worth starting a story for?
September 5th, 2011 at 07:14am