From 2009 to now.

Lets see today is September 5th 2011, and i've been quite neglectful my dear mibba. Much has happened since i've last been on, typical life changes, people change, and the wind carries us in different directions.

So, changes with me? Recently, as in the past two years, i've been really exploring myself, who i am, why i am, and where i want to go and be in life. It's been so very long since i've last self mutilated and i don't plan on it anytime soon. I realized that as hard as it was the things that pained me, were not forever and to take a step back from everything and look at it from an overall view of things was the best way to cope. My stupidity with drugs has taken a halt, i've started associating myself with better people. I've changed schools so i can actually go somewhere in life. Art has become my passion, many mediums might i add. I've joined TWLOHA Street team and i love it. I realized helping people who're seeing the same problems i've seen is the best healing, i love giving back to Twloha, and i think i might try and work with them in the future. The biggest change recently though, I came out as Transgender, being born in a body opposite the sex you are in your mind. I'd always known i wasn't a "normal" girl whether it was, liking a girl, being more masculine, or just not really understanding why i was who i was. Regardless, I didn't actually come out to my parents they kinda pulled me out of the closet, in early February, ironically the day i was going to tell them. Being outed caused a lot of turmoil in my family for the following months. My mom didn't know how to respond, and it's understandable, a lot to take in she's recently gotten... better in some ways worse in others, but our relationship is better, and i'm trying to show her better ways to explain who i am. My dad on the other hand pretty much doesn't recognize it, which for him is typical. My friends on the other hand are super supportive, they're generally really respectful of my preferred gender pronouns.

I've definitely found myself in a few...rockey relationships in the past few years, but i've learned from them all. Currently i'm in a relationship it's on the DL for now, but when we go public with it i'll give you more details. She and I are long distance which is hard, but we're trying for it. My friends say i should have learned by now LDR is hard but the kinds of people in my town are... lets leave it as not my type.

So that's been the gist of things recently, I'm going to try and come back on mibba more often, and i'll put some new work up as well.
September 5th, 2011 at 07:35pm