I have a new idea for a story...

Yes, again. I don't know why, but my brain imagines all of these stories and I can manage how to plan out the beginning, but then, I get stumped somewhere along the way. The reason being is that my head has - once again - cooked up a new idea for a story and I get giddy with excitement to start it. I make the layout and write up the summary, making sure that everything looks pretty.

Does anyone else do this?

Then, I have a ton of stories waiting to be written. And yet, I have to hold myself back because I want to focus on the stories that I am already in the midst of. It's very bothersome. I'm not alone, am I?

Anyway, I have a new idea for a story, but...I'm not sure if anyone will want to read it.

It's going to be called Clay, but I also am giving it an alternate title, Think Me Strange, Frankenstein? The reason for this is because I was daydreaming about Frankenstein (That's not weird, is it?) when I thought up this story. I don't know how many of you have read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, but the novel also has an alternate title, The Modern Prometheus. It's a seriously fantastic book. Read it, I dare you.

But anyway, enough about that. Let's focus on the story that I have created this journal to talk about.

In a word, Clay is going to be about cannibalism (i.e. a human eating other humans). It's going to be bloody and gory and fervently detailed, but I'm going to try my best at making the writing sound poetic, because that's the sort of story that I want it to be. I want my readers to be able to imagine every tiny feeling, every flicker of emotion, each event - whether it be significant or not - that occurs. I want them to feel like they're there when everything is happening.

The topic isn't really something that's popular on this site. It's not a fluffy romance - though I am choosing to include love in this story - and it probably won't be a super easy read where the storyline is something where the reader already knows what's going to happen. I am extremely passionate about this story, but I'm uneasy as to whether I should bother posting it on Mibba or if I should just write it on my own time. I'm not going to post it here if no one wants to read something of this nature or if no one is at all interested in the idea. Basically, I want to know if it would be a waste of my time to write it on here because people won't be eager to read it, or if any of you reading this journal would like to read a story that's a little different.

Here is a link to the summary of the story: Clay, or Think Me Strange, Frankenstein?

You can leave a comment on this journal, on the story itself, or on my profile. You can even send me a personal message. I would just like feedback on the idea.

Thanks for reading. : )

- Isis
September 6th, 2011 at 10:38pm