Irish Fest, falling harder, and other such nonsense

Well... Not only was Irish Fest a complete blast, I got to learn a bit more about him. I also met his mom, which was awesome. She's just adorable, and I absolutely love her. But even better than that, I got to see how he acts around her and how he treats her.

My parents told me forever ago that if you want to know how a guy will treat his future wife, watch how he treats his mom.

And oh. My. Word. I am just gone at this point, because he's so nice to his mom. He made sure to stay with her almost the whole time, even though the group split up a few times. At one point he did go off with one group while she was getting food, but he kinda checked to make sure she was ok with it. I reminded him that one of the other guys from our group was with her so we weren't leaving her alone in such a massive crowd.

Besides that, toward the end of the night we ended up standing way up near the stage for Scythian and The Elders. We were off to the side for Scythian, but between them and The Elders, he, his mom, Kyle and I moved up to the front in the middle. There were two good things about this.

1. In such a massive crowd, some sort of physical contact is inevitable. We ended up bumping into eachother quite a few times while The Elders were performing, and luckily he didn't seem to mind (I know I didn't). Unfortunately it also meant I kept getting bumped by this girl behind me. I was getting a little annoyed, and I kept making faces at him and Kyle, just kinda acting more po'd than I was. It was just to make them laugh, and it worked. But what happened was that he started giving me a hard time about it, just laughing at me and teasing me. So at one point he acts like he's a drunk stranger and puts his hand on my shoulder. I'm torn between cracking up laughing and freaking out in a good way because it's not just accidental contact. So that's one barrier broken.

2. Concerts are a really good excuse to get close to someone. There were quite a few times that I'd try to say something or he would, and we'd have no choice but to lean closer so the other could hear. It was basically perfect.

The whole night though was just... yay. We teased each other a lot, making little comments or whatever. Like at one point I looked over and he was just standing there with a straight face and his arms crossed. I started laughing and he looked at me, and I just said "You look so angry!" After that, he'd kinda glance over and start dancing a little every once in a while. Later, between two songs, a bunch of people left from in front of us so we had space to move forward. I squatted down for a minute because my legs and feet were so tired at that point (we'd been there about 5 hours by then, and I hadn't sat down in almost 3) and he squatted down next to me and said, "You know, you can see better if you stand up." I just laughed and was like "Thanks a lot!"

It was a good night. My legs were so sore yesterday, but it was so worth it.
September 6th, 2011 at 10:54pm