College Life.

Last Monday was my very first day of college. It just so happens to be my busiest day of the week because I have four classes which includes a night class. College life is amazing and I am having a blast, but let me tell you this, it is most definitely harder than high school. For one, the teachers just don't care if you show up to class or not. It's not like they are paying for your education, you are. At the university I am attending, when you skip just one class, you are losing about $150. Just for that one class. How crazy is that? Another thing is, you don't have your parents here to tell you to do things. You have to do everything on your own.

I have a friend who is having a hard time adjusting to college life. She is constantly having breakdowns over the smallest of things. The second night we were in the dorms her full length body mirror fell and broke. After she cleaned up the mess she came and hung out in my sister and I's dorm. Well she called it hanging out, we don't. She just sat in one of our desk chairs, rocked back and forth, and stared at the wall. Not making a sound. My sister and I tried to talk to her, but she just ignored us and kept rocking in the chair. She tried to tell us later that she wasn't having a breakdown, but it wasn't working. She was fully having a breakdown.

Now, she decided to wait until the very last minute to get her books and all the bookstore had was brand new books. She wanted to rent her books and my sister and I tried to tell her that when we went to orientation back in June, the school gave us little hand out things which told us how we could rent our books. Everyone got them, including her. She kept trying to tell my sister and I that she didn't get one. The thing is, my sister and I were right next to her when she was going through the things she got, she did in fact get a rental book card.

Now that she doesn't have any of her textbooks, she keeps resorting to use my sister and I's books. It's starting to get really old. We need our textbooks more than she does. They are ours, we are the ones that bought them. We have homework due the next day and we need them for that. It's not our fault if she can't use our books because we needed them for our homework. She is the one who decided to not buy her books when the teachers said to. I'm just getting really sick of her breaking down because she can't get things her way anymore. She is one of the people that have to get everything they want. If they don't, they throw a tantrum. College is so much fun, when she isn't having a complete meltdown.
September 7th, 2011 at 02:49am