Dear Tommy (just wanted to get some feelings out)

Dear Tommy.
I remember when I moved to this town. I remember being alone at lunch, and you walking over to me, and sitting next to me. "You look lonely" is exactly what you said to me. And I felt my heart drop. I remember sitting by you everyday, even when I met more friends, you were still there. I remember you smiling and joking around with me. I remember every text you sent, every word. I remember you slowly fading away. I remember you dating that girl, I remember you sat with her everyday. You only stayed with her for two weeks. I remember you never coming back with me. I remember the texts more clearly after those moments. When jokes turned to small talk, and small talk turned to smiles in the hallway, and that turned into just a glance. Now were acting like strangers.
You ran into me at lunch today. You faked a smile, and apologized. Then you walked away. What happened Tommy? We used to be so close. How did we get so far away? I miss you more than anything. I remember our kiss, and I remember waking up to find out it was a dream. Sorry I fell in love with you. Sorry my goodbye came late. But here it is. Bye Tommy.
September 7th, 2011 at 10:31pm