Im a Freak for Caring

A friend of mine has given me a realization and its time i speak this realization instead of thinking about it. It needs to be said. This thing im typing on? Its nothing but pixels. Nothing but electrical currents coursing thru circut boards to create an image. A mere entertaining aspect of life that should have no meaning to any sane being in the world. No emotional attatchment of any kind. The computer OR this site im posting it on. Everything that we have right now is for shear entertainment. There should be no emotion, no attachment, no sentimental value of any of it.

My friend, very good girl she is, brought up something that ive questioned myself several hundred times. "Why should you care about faceless words on a screen?" Not her words, but more or less her meaning. Well, she brings up a very valid question. Why should i care? At all for what these words say? About how these words are effected by their own reality? Why should i care about something i have never touched?

Why do we care about air? We cant touch it. We cant see it. But we know its there. We care about it because it allows us to breath. Why do we care about cells? And i mean blood cells, kiddies. Not cell phones. But why do we care about cells? We cant see it, again, nor can we feel it. But it courses thru our body. We care because it gives us life and it gives us the ability to do everything we do. Why do we care about the Ozone layer!? Well, all you kids under the age of 20 know this answer. Any college student knows it as well. If you dont know why we care about our ozone layer, then ask a younger mibba user for advice. My point is, we care about these things because they sustain life. They give us the opportunity to live to the fullest extent our minds can imagine.

So we come back to her question. "Why should you care about faceless words on a screen?" Why... Heres the answer to that question. I care about those faceless words on a screen because i can see the pain in them. Its like reading shakespear. When you read about Romeo and Juliet, you cant help but feel emotions towards the story. Towards the characters. Towards the very writer. Your words may be a faceless pixel on a computer monitor, but your feelings and emotions are conveyed thru those words. They tell me just how you are feeling. How you are doing and whether your happy or not.

Any english professor who has read and understood the true meaning of any shakespearian work, will undoubtebly be passionate, emotional and very forthcoming with his feelings towards each and every individual character. Well, the world is my shakespear. Each and every individual on the "World Wide Web" is a character of this story known as life, and i take each and every individual person to heart. Each person who talks to me, and understands me, will see. If one character of this story were to die while i knew them, i would mourn their death because of their short existance in the story. I would mourn the little amount of time i truly got to know that character.

Im your passionate English Professor. Im your emotional story reader. The world is your Shakespear, and Life is your story. Never ask "Why should you care about words on a screen?" because this is your answer. This is why. The words every individual speaks is not "Just" a word. Its a word built on a certain feeling. Built on a certain emotion. Every word you speak, is a work someone else sees. A work someone else hears. Sometimes, those words can be the very life of the person you hate. But even in hate, are you not reading those same words? Think about how powerful the word really is. And what its true meaning carries.
September 8th, 2011 at 05:53am