Yesterday should have been accompanied by an upbeat music montage and put in the movie of my life

I'm back in university again, and I've started off with a bang. As always, I went out with my friends after my first day and got ridiculously drunk. My best friends all go to a different school than I do, because I don't like crowds so I chose a smaller campus. I had classes on Tuesday, and they all started yesterday. So, since we all like to get out of hand on our first days, we made plans to meet up again after we were done school for the day.

I was on my way to the train station when I got a text telling me to stay put. My friends all showed up and led me off on an adventure. This summer was the coldest one we've had in a long time, and yesterday pretty much set the heat record. It was boiling. We ran around downtown, playing in every major public fountain and throwing each other under the water spray. There were four of us: three girls and one guy. The guy is pretty much me in male form. I've only known him for a year, but I feel like I've known him forever.

After a couple hours and multiple fountains, we were all soaking from head to toe. We took the train back to my friend's house, hoping that someone would take our seats immediately after us and freak out because they were so damp. No such luck. At least, not while we were there to witness it.

Afterwards, we sat around drinking wine out of coffee mugs and watching trash TV. It was the most fun I've had in a really long time.

I'm sure that this journal isn't as interesting to anyone else but me, because it's impossible to portray exactly what happened and exactly how happy I was. All that really matters is that I have the greatest friends ever. And because of them, it doesn't really matter that I have no good friends at my school. And this year will be alright after all.
September 9th, 2011 at 04:13am