10 Years

Holy shit! It's been 10 years since our lives were turned upside down forever. September 11, 2001: The day terrorists attacked the U.S. I was just a 3rd grader at Shawmont School when this all happened. At first, none of us knew what happened when we were sent home just less than an hour after school started. As soon as my brother(a sophmore in high school at the time), sister and I got home, our parents embraced us in relief. I remember asking them "What happened?". My older brother, who overheard a secretery at the school o his way home, said "Terrorists attacked us". When I saw my parents look at his response, I just stayed quiet. It was already hard for my parents to bear, with my dad losing his great-uncle to cancer in May of 2001 and my mom losing her mom to Leukemia just 2 months before, that with this happening, things were getting out of hand. For the next few days, all that was talked about was the attacks by the terrorists as well as those who were lost in the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Shanksville.

10 years later, we've been at war with Al Queda, killed many of their men(including bin Laden and Hussain)while losing many great men and women in the war, and are allowing Iraq and Iran to become independent nations.
September 10th, 2011 at 02:19am