I lost my voice

Last night was so amazing. We played a school who's not technically a rival, but it was probably the biggest game of the football season.

I was kind of hummed in the beginning because the student section was packed, and I was annoyed that I had to wear Cory's jersey but I actually had a nice time with my mom during the first half. Sometimes she's really funny and says things like, "Hey! Cory's wearing butt pads!"

So second half I decided I was going to embrace seniority and tell some of the juniors to back up. I don't like being mean, but it was nice. The other team, Harding, scored in the third quarter and the student section was all kinds of outraged. Then with six minutes left in the fourth quarter and the score 15-9 them, we get a delay because of lightening. So pretty much half the people left because the game had to be pushed back several times to 10:30.

They finally get ready to start again and by now the student section is just straight rowdy. We were talking some sh*t and really needed the football team to back us up , haha. So the game starts and we have our back up quarterback (who is a senior and hasn't played the position since he was a sophomore) in because our starter broke his collarbone. But nonetheless, the QB gets it to our runningback, which is a good thing because the kid's a beast.

A beast who fumbled at our two yard line on our very last drive.

But he recovered it and ran it in on the next play. Then our kicker landed the extra point and it was pretty much done for Harding. Our next chant was "I believe that we have won." It was pretty much amazing, and I was super proud because my boyfriend is a starter on that offensive line :D

So now I have no voice and a sore throat but it was worth it.
September 10th, 2011 at 02:59pm