You animals, I've never been so disgusted.

Violence in sports, ey? It's a tough one. Some people say it's just part of the game, others... don't.

I'm with those who say it's not part of the game. It's disgusting, it's disgraceful. The team we played today, they don't even deserve names right now. They're just animals, actual animals. It was the single worst show of sportsmanship that I've ever seen.

We're the bottom team, they shouldn't have expected much of a threat when they're sitting comfortably up top. But, clearly, they're not accustomed to goals being scored against them, since, after we scored our first goal, they retaliated by slapping the girl who scored it.

Roxy, for her part, just tried to walk away, but this other girl followed, hurling abuse and threats at Roxy. Roxy turned around and grabbed the other girls arms, to keep her at a decent distance away, and that's when it all turned to hell, that's when we all watched, horrified, as this girl broke free and forced Roxy to the ground, straddling her and quite literally clawing at her face, scratching her neck and gouging at her eyes.

Roxy had no chance, she was just trying to get free as blood ran down her face, her hair was being pulled out, and both our teams were over in the scrap, trying to seperate the two girls. And then, another girl, from the other team, she ran out and over to the fighting girls.

We thought she was going to break it up. Did she? No. Of course not. She just punched Roxy straight in the face.

It was disgusting.

The ref finally got things under control and carded both girls from the other team as we tended to our fallen captain.

What replused me even more was this;

"Thanks for the hair, you stupid f*cking c*nt!"

As the two laughing girls were literally dragged off the park by their furious coach.

...

Our own coach summed it up after the game though.

"I would just like to say how proud I am of my div 5 girls and the way you conducted yourselves on and off the park today. Well done for flying the flag and protecting your team mate and not retaliating. What those animals did on the park today ruins the beautiful game that I love and should not be seen."

I'll admit that usually we're happy to fight dirty if they start it first, but after sending Roxy to the nearest hospital, with tension running high, I'm as proud as Ash that no one retaliated, not even Kat, who was getting scrappy with another girl for a while.

They were looking to fight and I'm proud of our girls for not giving them that, and in the end we had the last laugh, taking the win.

They may have beaten Roxy with fists,

But as a team we beat them on the park, in the only way that matters in soccer, with a two - one win.


Seriously though, they were animals.

Yeah, this is simply because I'm still pissed off.

We'll have the actual last laugh as well, since there are about a hundred witnesses - our team, their team, our coach, their coach, a few spectators for us, the two U14 teams playing on the pitch next to us, with all of their parents, and two referees - and photographic proof of her injuries, and soon to be medical reports.

Pressing charges, you animals.

Bam.
September 11th, 2011 at 08:02am