9/11 the day we always forget

k, guys, I'm going to get all philisophical on you. You have been warned.

Today is the 10th aniversery of 9/11 and apparently even those of you who don't live in the US know what this, so I'm not going to explain it.

This is not only a big year because its the 10th aniversery but also because this year we killed Osama Bin Laden. Now in case you don't know my stance on his death please see my other journal entry Osama Bin Laden is dead.

So big year, we are supposed to be mourning those who have lost their lives, and there were a lot of them lost. But I don't think the dead need to be mourned, I think those who still live need our focus. There are a bunch of firemen, policemen and emergency responders who are still suffering physical effects from ground zero. They are suffering from what they had seen and what they had heard.

Then there are those who lost people on 9/11 for various reasons, they need support, they need help to grieve. There are those soldiers fighting right now for a cause some people don't think is right, today put aside those grievences and just focus your engergy on supporting them, just for this one day. Because those are our friends and family.

Finally, grieve for the loss of what makes us human, as this day ten years ago brought us into a war that still has not ended. Grieve for the Muslims who are feared and hated across America because of this day. And if you do happen to fear or hate Muslims then you are ignorant and nieve and don't understand this world as well as you should. Sorry that was harsh, but seriously there's not reason to hate them.

So that was my philisophical rant for the day. Thank you for reading.
September 11th, 2011 at 03:29pm