I Met Someone Last Night

Dillon wanted to hook up with me. He kept his eyes on me the entire night.

This is how I know him:
Way back a long time ago, when I was 13, him and I used to flirt. He was 17. He was my first kiss - it was fucking awesome! But then he dated someone else. To be honest, I didn't expect anything. I wasn't even mad. We moved on.

Three years later, we start talking on and off. He lost his girlfriend. He just got out of rehab for alcohol and used to do hardcore drugs, like heroin or some shit.

I finally saw him yesterday with my friends when we needed a place to chill. We were supposed to smoke pot, but Josh decided to be a bitch and smoke all 14 dimes with DJ and Dexter. What a dick. Anyway, we showed up to his house, and him and I had small talk.

He's a loser. He didn't do anything with his life and probably will never. He's waiting for his band to get off somewhere, but his band lost two members and don't apply for shows. I don't understand where he thinks he's going. And it made me sad, it really did. Because I know that Josh and his friends will be exactly like him, and I'm not close enough to them to help them out. This is what happens to people around here. I think my dad was like Dillon. I think he had a good time, and he saw guys like this that were his friends. Thats probably why my dad tells me his friends are either dead or married.

Eventually we had to take Josh home because he was in trouble with his rents (stupid younger children...) and I almost forgot my bag there. So I ran back inside and got it, where then this guy told me I should stay and he would get me a ride, but I didn't want to. So I said no thanks, I'll talk to you again, and left.

That will probably be the last time I see him. He'll either be dead or married.
September 11th, 2011 at 06:43pm