America Turns Tragedy Into Beauty, Remembering the Heroes of September 11th 2001.

10 years ago, as most of you know was the most horrible and tragic day in American history, and the date of the most tragic terrorist attack of all time. Today I'm writing this journal in loving memory of all of the people who died, no matter if they were civilians or heroes. Not to bring back the evil of the terrorists, but to let the memory of the good that came from it live on.
With every bad thing, there is a good thing to go along with it, in some way, shape, or form. Although it seems nearly impossible to find good from something so tragic, we can. On September 11th, 2001, everyday heroes let themselves shine with selfless bravery, and a passion for helping everyday people. They are the people I'd like to tell you about today. Here are some of their stories. I hope you enjoy.
There were four planes hijacked during the terrorist attacks. The first and second planes were set off first. Since they were the first planes set off into the air, no one had anyway of knowing what was to happen until it was too late. Once the plane had taken off, the pilots had been over run by suicidal terrorists, the passengers were all told to call their families to say goodbye. The first plane hit the towers, none of the passengers had survived. The second plane, the most known of all of the planes on that day, had hit the tower next to it. Again, none of it's passengers survived.
The third plane made it's way to the Pentagon. It hit it's target, and again, by the time the passengers found out, it was too late to do anything. The fourth, and final plane was now in the air. The passengers had now found out about the other planes, and knew they were next. Their plane was headed for the White House. They knew they weren't going to survive the flight. They also knew they had two choices. They could sit and take what was going to happen, or they could do something about it, and try to overrun the terrorists. Either way, the plane was going to crash and everyone was going to die. The people on this plane are considered some of the biggest heroes of the September 11th attacks, they had chosen to overrun the terrorists and the plane had crashed. Everyone died, but the plane never made it to the White House. Or Washington DC. They saved hundreds, even thousands of lives that day.
Another everyday hero was an average man they call 'The Man With The Red Bandanna' because he had carried the same red bandanna with him everyday of his life, since the day he was six years old when his father gave it to him. When the first plane went through the floor he was working on, he decided to help when every inch of his body told him to run. A woman who worked on his floor remembered him. He told everyone that could stand up, to do so and to help anyone around them who couldn't and was still alive. He said that he had found one last staircase to to the 31st floor where there was one elevator still in use. The brought the people down, where firefighters brought them down to safety. He could have gone down as well, but he chose to go back up into the crumbling, and burning building saving more lives again. He went back up a third time, and the building fell with him in it. He had died, in attempts to save more people. He died for 50 strangers. He is probably the biggest and most courageous person during the September 11th terrorist attacks.
Hundreds and thousands of people turned from average people into heroes that will be remembered during these attacks. Let us remember the firefighters, the police officers, and the people who died saving others during these attacks, and pray for the families of these people know they died saving the lives of others, and let them they died with honor.
September 11th is the national day of service. Americans everywhere are doing something to help others, in a big way, or a small way. it doesn't really matter how big of the job. It just matters that they are helping someone else in someway. I've volunteered at a soup kitchen in Detroit today, and I'm going to start at four and work until eight thirty. What will you do today? If you didn't know about this, and you want to do something, here are a few simple things you could do.

Log on to letssaythanks.com and send a free card to an American soldier overseas, its a simple act, but it means a lot to them, to know you care.

Spend more time with your family today, quality time with your family might not mean much to you, but to your parents it means a ton.

Offer a free service door to door, ask to mow someone's lawn for free, or water their plants. Maybe rake their leaves or walk their dog!

It doesn't take much to help someone, especially for a cause so big. lets not just do it for the people around us, lets do it for the people who died today, and everyday to keep us, Americans, safe and well. God bless America, the land of the free, and the home of the brave.
September 11th, 2011 at 08:22pm