So There's This Guy...

He's in my Journalism class, and just recently asked for my number. I'm sort of attracted to him, but the thing is, I have a boyfriend. He told me one day, he saw my boyfriend and I arguing in the courtyard that left me storming away angrily. I’ve tried to talk to my close friends about this but they all say the same thing: “try something new, you never know he might be better than your current boyfriend.” or “break up with him and try this new guy out!” I’ve only known this guy for about as long as the class has started and that’s about a few weeks. I want to be his friend and all, but he keeps pushing to become something more.

To make my friends happy, I tried comparing my boyfriend to this new guy, which is something that I’ve never done before. In some aspects, I wasn’t surprised when it showed that this new guy treated me so much better than my boyfriend does, but then again, I don’t really know him that well. I love my boyfriend, I really do, but is it time for me to let him go? We’ve been together for as long as I can remember and I guess the question is: do I really want to throw away everything that I have for something that might not even work out? Or stick with my boyfriend who might not even be the "one" for me?
September 12th, 2011 at 05:52pm