Skeeved out.

My days are usually pretty normal. I live in a dorm, I get up, go to class, and do my homework. Go to work, hang out with a few friends. But today all that normal changed. And I'm about to vent. Just heed that as a warning.

In English class we had to write a personal narrative. I wrote mine on my hair. Unfortunetly, I got paired with this kid in my class, who's name I will not mention, (it beings with a j and ends with an oe). We read eachothers stories, and I learned that he was a pretty cool guy. He was in a band, he worked as a civil war reenactor. My type of friend. FRIEND. Well mister guy here thinks it would be nice to hit on me. But it was the creepy hitting on, asking questions such as "I really liked your hair. Does your boyfriend like it?" HINT. HINT. I reply that I didn't have a boyfriend, that I broke up with him in May after over 3 years of dating. Then he goes on to talk about my hair, and ask me questions about myself. I don't have problems with people asking me about myself. Actually, I like it. But don't be creepy about it. Please.

After about a half hour talking to me when we were supposed to be revising eachothers work, he thinks it would be a good idea to ask me out.
"Hey so uh, I was wondering, if you'd like to go out sometime?"
"Well, uh, maybe as friends? But I really don't want a boyfriend." is my reply. It's a lie, but he doesn't need to know that.
"Ok. That's fine. I understand."
Thankfully after that my teacher let us go. I quickly got up and left.

I usually don't mind when people ask me out, but mister guys delivery and overall creepiness skeeved me out. I feel like he's watching my every move. He knew I wore glasses for distance. That's up there on the creepy level. Don't ya think? Also, he moved way too fast. He talked to me for 30 minutes. How are you supposed to get to know someone in 30 minutes? To me, I think you should become friends first. Or maybe it's just because this guy really weirded me out, and not to be mean, honestly, but he's not even good looking.

Maybe I'm just being too harsh, but I mean, come on man. Give it time. You don't even know me, and then you just spring this on me? I MET YOU TODAY. Or maybe it's because I already have my eyes on another kid in my philosophy class, a person who's name starts with Andrew and ends with Rinaldi. (Hey, if you're reading this by some miracle, I'm the girl you always sit next to in philosophy who's hair is shorter than yours. And who can't stop smiling WHEN you sit next to me. So please, keep doing it.)

So that was my day. Hopefully this kid lets it go, because I'm really dreading going back to English. Well, even more so now.
September 13th, 2011 at 01:07am