Listen to Your Heart, There's Nothing Else You Can Do

What is this new ache resonating in my soul? There's a comfort here that I've never felt before. Is this what it feels like to find your destiny, and realizing I have to trade it for what I've got already? Your soft voice speaks directly to my heart when you say all those beautiful things, leaving me feeling warm and excited and out of breath. Am I your destiny? Am I what you've been looking for all these years, too? Are you willing to walk away from everything you've ever known to take my hand and throw yourself off this cliff with me?
I know I don't have that now, nor have I ever. This is new, but what does it mean? Should I leave behind this mess and just walk away with you? Is it worth the hurt it would cause, the tears I'd cry? But with you, I know you'd take all the pain in the world away with your strong embrace and sure words. You know exactly what your heart wants, just like I do. Is it enough, though? Just thinking about what could be frightens me more than anything ever has, at the same time as filling me with a rush of exhilaration and warmth. Surely anything that can invoke such strong feelings is worth the risk and fear.
Surely you wouldn't let me be alone, like all I've ever known before. I know it to be an absolute truth that you would help me through anything. I've seen your pain, and it shatters my heart to know you're far away, and there's nothing I can do to ease your suffering. I'd take every burden in the world for you, because I know you'd do the same for me. No one should ever be able to hurt a man with such a beautiful soul. Am I hurting you? Does this tear you apart like it does me? There are a million questions I would ask you if I could, a million things I'd tell you. I know I could make you happier than she can. I'd give you the world because it's what you deserve.
I just don't have the strength in me to tell you how much I love you, no matter how many times we've both alluded to it. Putting it into words would mean there has to be an action taken. I'm not ready to change anything yet. It may be selfish, but I want to spend more time together like we have been, I want to let the first person who's ever cared enough to do so, make me feel like I'm someone who matters, before I give you everything I have to offer. You taught me that I'm worth it, and that I matter. You gave me the confidence to finally stand up for myself. I owe every bit of my happiness, and a lot of my sadness to you.
September 17th, 2011 at 02:12am