Where Rebellion Begins

I recommend watching SLC Punk. It's honestly incredible. That movie completely warped my mind in to making myself how I am now.

When I see kids walking in punk clothes, emo clothes, this rebellion scheme, it bothers me. Not because they're dressed like that though. Nothing like that. Like shit, I realize I'm dressed like a hipster over half the time. I dig vintage shit, and if you call me a hipster, I'll be fucking proud of it.

But anyway, these kids, they pretend like they know things that you don't. They act like this style is apart of their soul and heart and spirit. Like their emotions characterize their clothes. They act like they're trying to rebel, but don't know why they feel like it.

God I really hope they find out, otherwise their going to be pretty fucked for like.

Rebellion doesn't start out of no where. It's from repression of feelings, opinions, anything really. It's like getting high - you're trying to have a good time, a nice, relaxing escape from reality. But the rebellion I observe is the kind where they don't know whats happening to them.

But I don't blame them. I mean their kids of course. They're growing up. I've been there.

I just want them to realize that what they have in their soul and hearts is more important than the clothes they're wearing that symbolize it. And if they have this need to rebel and rock the system to change it to how they feel, they should play it like a game.

You can do a lot more damage in the system than out of it.
September 18th, 2011 at 12:39am