Just a Rant.

Relationships.
Respect.

What are those these days?

Our society has morphed its morals into something destructive and inconvient. Well convinent for certain people.

Where can you find a person that wants a decent, meaningful relationship? It's either you can or you can't. Or maybe it's a matter of getting lucky in finding a person with the right mindset. Most people today all they want is sex. That's what society thrives off of. What is so great about it? Sleeping around each night, with no meaning behind it? What's the point? What's it purpose? Of course in a perspective you neither gain or lose anything from it...Or do you? Maybe a night of "making love" could mean so much to one person, but to the other it was just another night. It was a routine. What does that leave the person it meant so much to? Pain. Heartache. Maybe even loss. It's hard to find someone that actually wants something. Today it's all a matter of toying with someone. Playing a game..A game that is hardly ever won.

So tell me...
What do you look for?
A meaningless night?
Or...
Something real? Something filled with Passion?

Respect.
It's nonexistent.
Or is it? it's at least rare to find these days.
Respect for woman.
Respect for man.
Respect for elders.
Respect for the young.
Respect for one another.
Respect for yourself.

What the hell happened to it? Cause I don't see it anymore. Maybe one in a blue moon. They say, "To get respect you have to give it." So please, tell me who is going to be the one to start giving it? To make that change? It disgusts me and leaves me appaled when your able to just stand there and see disrespect happening and you do nothing about it. Yes, maybe it wouldn't be your place to intercede, but it's a matter of whether you would or not. Whether it be something big or something small.

Respect for yourself.
There is none.
I mainly direct this at women. What are we doing? Putting ourselves out there for every man to see, and not in a good way. It's as if we promote our bodies. This is where we lose our respect. Because of it we are all considered to be the same. When in reality we are not. We are expected to do things we would never do, expected to break our standards. Pressured. What is it that we do then? Prove ourselves? Woman have been working to prove themselves for centuries, and all the work that we have put in seems to be diminishing. To me it feels we are being downgraded. I find us to be a disappoint me.

My main question.
When will things change?

*This was just a rant. I apologize if my thoughts are jumbled. It's just something I've been thinking about for the past couple days.
September 18th, 2011 at 01:45pm