The Best Thing I've Ever Written

I have a ton of feedback on my fan fictions, but I feel like those are the worst pieces of literature I've ever written. So what if they're not ten star stories? Just because they're popular doesn't mean they're well-written. I wrote quite a few stories before my first popular story on here. These stories were pretty detailed and well-written, but nobody cares about that. Who cares if I use syntax and figurative language, right? For some stupid reason, I just trashed them. I felt like the star rating determined if your story was good or not. Those stories I had written were great. I love the fan fiction I write, but I don't feel like it's well-written. Amusing, yes, but they're not professional. Of course, it's hard making fan fiction a serious piece of literature.

So, back to what I was meant to be writing about. The best thing that I've ever written would probably be a song I wrote called "Ave. Rage" or a poem I wrote for my English class called "Who is Holden Caulfield?"

Ave. Rage

Avenue Rage
The street that I call home
A dirty old home
One that I have known

A never-ending road
Where my thoughts like to travel through
A rusty, old stop sign
Where my thoughts stop to think about you

And every time I close my eyes!
Traffic seems to stop
Every time I close my eyes!
The world just comes and knocks
...
The world comes and knocks
...
Comes and knocks

Avenue Rage
A place where I can fit
Avenue Rage
Where my thoughts tend to wander for a bit, now

Locked inside my own mind
Travelling down the highways sI call my own
I can't find the key
So, I'm stuck here wandering forever alone

The world comes and knocks
...
Comes and knocks
...

I try to find my way out
But maybe I'm better off staying in here
No one likes me outside of my head
So, I guess I shouldn't care

Gonna be trapped in here
Not wanted by the likes of you
And it's not funny
That I'm wanted in here, but not wanted by you

Avenue Rage
The avenue of repeat
Avenue Rage
The boulevard of the weak
...
The street of defeat
...
...
A world that's run by me

The world comes and knocks
...
Just comes and knocks!

And it's not funny
That I'm wanted in here and not wanted by you
And it's not funny
That nobody wants me, no, not even you!

It's not funny
...
Stuck on Avenue Rage!
...
It's not funny
...
Stuck being Average!
...
No, not even you!


Who is Holden Caulfield?

Sitting, pondering, thinking about myself...
Where did all the time go? How did it go by so fast?
But, the truth is, do I really care? That all of that time is gone?
Time is simple motivation used to get people like me from procrastinating and succeeding in life.

Battling, brawling, fighting with myself...
Why does it even matter? I’ve used up all of my motivation.
Besides, isn’t it too late to even try? Since my motivation is gone?
Motivation is a tool; a tool used to conform my mind to society’s expectations.

Determining, deciding, making the best of myself...
Who said that life isn’t easy? Why do phonies say we can do whatever we want?
Honestly, I’ve ignored all of those obvious lies; I continue to do whatever I want.
A tool is a mechanism used to build and destroy the young minds of children, so that society can continue to break people like me.


I don't think I'm good at writing stories. I may be good at coming up with ideas for stories, but actually writing them is sort of foreign to me. I like writing poetry. I may not have my best poetry posted on here, but trust me, I'm pretty sure that I can write a decent poem. I wrote this journal because of the the "Duck, Duck, Goose" thread, but now I'm actually thinking about my writing. The best thing I've ever written is nothing close to a lot of Mibbians' worst thing they've ever written. I'm confident in all of the work I write, but I do wish that my writing was more colorful, creative, and vivid.
September 19th, 2011 at 02:00am