Would it be better if I just called this journal '*** Republicans'?

We've all sat though an English class where the teacher makes you read some weird, American 'classic' and then starts rambling on about the American dream.

But what is the American dream? (And I'm not talking about the American dream from a hundred years ago. I'm talking about what it means now.)

A. Picture a small town, everyone knowing everyone. We've got each other's backs. We know each other's secrets. We don't always agree. But when the rival football team comes into town we stand behind ALL our boys and cheer them on to bring home a win.

B. We live in a state of 'Don't ask, don't tell.'. Friendly to the neighbors, but the idea of a neighborhood potluck makes your stomach queasy from just the thought of having to make small talk with strangers.

C. Some people are born to be great, others... not so much. Just be glad that you made the A Team and try not to look the B Team in the eye. Not to mention (Seriously, don't mention them.) Teams C,D, and F.

Maybe you don't get my symbolism. But really? Are we going to spend the rest of our lives stepping on each other to get to the top?

Because if we are, you can count me out. I want nothing to do with it.

http://lifehacker.com/5676149/how-to-ditch-big-brother-and-disappear-forever
September 19th, 2011 at 04:35am