Funny How Things Work Out

This is the 4th week of college for me, and being a freshman, I'm getting used to all the new surroundings and people. I hate the girls on my floor, and going into my 3rd week, I hadn't made any friends and I was constantly by myself. Yesterday, I went to eat dinner by myself, again, and happened to sit at a table that was unoccupied at that time. About 5 minutes into eating, a girl in my dance club sat down. Her name is Marlena. Soon, all her friends were sitting at the table too. She introduced me to Molly, Lexie, Sam, who has pink hair and it's AWESOME, and Nate, who's hilarious. He invited us all to open mic night at a cafe down the road from my college, and so we all went. There I met a really geeky kid they call Captain Swag, and Mark. The guys got up to give us ladies a place to sit, which was really nice. Nate was amazing, as were the other performers, and he's going to be on the radio. We all went back to the dorm and hung out. Around 11:15 Nate walked me back because I live in a seperate dorm, and he's going to try and hook me up with Mark. I do like Mark though. He's cute and funny, and a musician and singer, so he's pretty much my perfect guy. But I can't wrap my head around how, for three weeks I was just alone, and then I happened to sit at a table, only to meet new friends. I made myself go eat too. I really didn't want to. Maybe it's fate or something. But now all of us are super close, in one night, and already have plans to have a movie night and stuff.
I'm just so happy now, and I really hope that Mark and I do get together, somehow. But just as I was starting to hate college, this happens. I don't know why, but I'm sure glad it did.
September 20th, 2011 at 05:54pm