For All The Hopeless Ones

This is for all of the hopeless people out there, because there are so many:

It’s not over. You’re in a place right now where the darkness is overbearing. All of your feelings have left you, or you’re being eaten alive by them. It’s taken your strength away from you so you’re left stranded with nothing except the wanting to end it.

Don’t. Because as much as you’re lonely, as much as you’re hopeless: it’ll pass. You have to trust me, solely because I’m the one trying to help you. And I know where you’re at. I’ve been there before; it’s horrible. Just sit back, take a breath, and listen to me.

At the end of that overwhelming tunnel, there’s light. Right now, you can’t see it because you’re eclipsed. You have to search really deep down into yourself. Past the hollows of pain and everything you’re feeling. Because the good is there. It’s where you’ve left it behind and buried it. I can assure you, it’s there.

There are people in your life who love you. It doesn’t feel true because you feel so alone and broken. So read what I’m writing and try to remember how it felt to be happy. It will be okay. I promise you, it’ll all come together.

Because you’re stronger than you think. You’re more beautiful than you think. Be your own inspiration. Get out of your swirling mind. Move a muscle, change a thought. Get up and do something you love, even if your body feels like it might break under the pressure. Write a poem, read a book, dance to your music, call up your best friend. Get out of the funk.

I know how you feel, believe me. I’ve been in the same exact place. What got me through is what I’m telling you. I reached out to myself, because I was the only one who truly understood who I was. So believe in yourself, and believe in all of the things that are good about you that you’ve forgotten.

You have you. You need you first. Embrace yourself because you can crawl out of the hole you’ve created.

Just smile; smile for real. It’s the best feeling in the world. And don’t give up anymore than you already have. Climb, crash, and climb again toward that light. It’s there.

It will all be okay.
September 22nd, 2011 at 10:11pm