Coty L. Hasty

So on Thursday, September 22nd 2011, my friend Coty Hasty died in a hit and run car crash.

One of three people who were injured in a hit-and-run crash on Needmore Road Thursday died from his injuries at the hospital.

The Montgomery County Coroner identified the deceased as Coty L. Hasty, 18, of Dayton. The other two males in the car have not been identified and the extent of their injuries is unknown.

Helene Ehrhart of Huber Heights said she was driving eastbound on Needmore near the intersection with Northern Circle when two vehicles traveling side by side passed her going westbound. One vehicle sideswiped the other sending it off the road into a patch of trees. The first vehicle left the scene immediately, she said.

The second vehicle ( Coty's car) ended up on its top against a tree with debris strewn into the road and the yard. There were three men inside the vehicle and Ehrhart said one needed to be pulled from the wreck by rescue crews before all three were transported to the hospital. It is not known if Coty was the individual trapped in the car.

Riverside Police Sgt. Harold Jones said police are searching for the car that left the scene. It is described as a smaller black vehicle, possibly a Nissan Sentra, with damage to the passenger side. There were several men inside the vehicle. Anyone with knowledge of the car or its occupants is asked to call the Montgomery County Regional Dispatch Center at 225-4357.

Please if you are reading this, contact Sgt. Harold Jones if you know ANYTHING about the Nissa Sentra.
Also, if you know who the oter two men in the car with Coty were, contact Sgt. Harold Jones
Thank you for reading.

Rest in Peace Coty
September 24th, 2011 at 06:51pm