Blood and cheese.

People who don’t give blood bother me. I’m not talking about the people that are afraid to give blood because of the needles and all; I’m talking about the people that feel like it’s unnecessary and gross. Sorry bud, but if you were dying in a hospital and the only thing you need to stay alive was a couple bags of blood, I don’t think you would be all, “ew, dis is disgusting get it away!”

So here’s the deal: it’s blood. We’re all made of it and we all have quarts of it. When they take blood, they only take a pint or two (don’t remember which, oops). And you don’t need the blood for your own body. Every 2-4 months, your body recycles all of its blood through the spleen and the marrow makes more. Each needle is sterilized, so you’re not going to get AIDS or anything.

People—children, even—die every day because of the blood shortage. It doesn’t take much. It doesn’t take long. It saves lives and ka;d;akghjdag I just don’t understand some people.

**

On a lighter note, my mom just brought me a bowl of cheese. She’s da best~.

**

I keep wanting to do a comment swap, but I’m feeling really lazy tonight. So instead, here’s a drabble I wrote today. It’s only like, 150 words. At least click on it!?

Chronically

It’s a quick drabble that’s about living with a chronic illness and how it really gets to your head. I was feeling like crap this morningand still kind of am and this is the product.

**

Question: Would you give blood? Why or why not?
September 26th, 2011 at 12:21am