Should BDSM Be Outlawed?

I’ll tell you my answer now. No. Some of you may remember the journals I used to post defending the lifestyle, so obviously I am not against this type of extreme sex. What I am against is irresponsibility. Not everyone who participates in BDSM is irresponsible, just so you know. I am not against BDSM because, quite frankly, it turns me on. Everyone has their fetish and this happens to be some people’s fetish.

On average, 1,000 men die from BDSM every year. This doesn’t include women and it’s only the statistic for the deaths in the United States. It may not sound alarming, compared to what other death rates there are, but for sex, it does seem pretty alarming. Doesn’t it? But outlawing BDSM shouldn’t happen, because not everyone is as irresponsible as to let it end in death. People need to be more educated on BDSM and learn that there are certain things you shouldn’t try while being a beginner. But it’s not even just beginners who end up dying, more experienced people can end up dying if they push it too far. There’s a limit as far as you should go, some people don’t get that. Some subs will push themselves far beyond their limits to try and please their dom and it will usually end up in death. It's always a good idea that if something becomes too much for you, just tell the dominant one to stop. Trust is a main component of any BDSM relationship. If you don't fully trust your partner, you should not be participating in the acts at all. If you can't trust that your partner will stop when you ask, then I don't know why the f*ck you're even with them. You need to be able to trust your partner and ask them to stop when it does become too much for you, or else it will end in death.

The main cause of death of BDSM participates is something called “breath play”. Breath play is the act of restricting your partner’s air. It’s dangerous, because there’s no way to be sure of when it becomes too much for the sub. It’s also dangerous because it can put the sub into cardiac arrest very easily. Breath play is dangerous and the main cause of death within the BDSM community. But other things can cause death too. Fire play, it can cause the sub’s body to go into shock. Cut play, it can also cause the sub’s body to go into shock by too much blood loss.

But at the same time, you need to understand that not everyone pushes it to these limits. BDSM can range from playing with fire to even simply being tied up. You ever been restrained during sex? You’re participating in BDSM. BDSM stands for Bondage Discipline Sadomasochism. Bondage is the act of restraining your partner. See? BDSM doesn’t necessarily need to be taken to such extremes. Even the simplest act of being tied up can be constituted as BDSM. Different subs like different things and like to take it to different extremes. Some subs don’t actually like pain and just like being restrained. Not all BDSM activities have to put the person at risk. BDSM is dangerous. But with proper knowledge, it doesn’t need to end in death and it doesn’t need to be outlawed.

If it does end up in death, it does need to be criminally punished. BDSM is not about killing your partner. If you have a fantasy of killing your partner while f*cking them, you need help. Like major help because that is not normal to want to murder your partner. That’s not a part of BDSM and people don’t get that. We don’t advocate the murder of people, it’s advised to never go that far. It’s advised to never put yourself that close to a risk of death. Murder isn’t part of BDSM and if the sub does end up dying, it does need to be criminally punished. At least convict them of manslaughter or something. Doms who kill their subs are criminally prosecuted, and it should stay that way. If you kill your sub, you *ss is going to end up in jail. BDSM is about lending one another’s bodies to each other, not about killing your partner. I do in a way feel sorry for these doms who do end up ending their sub’s life. Despite what a lot of people think, BDSM are caring relationships, so it can’t be very good on the person’s psyche to know they’re the reason their partner is dead. And then they’re probably going to end up in jail on murder charges. I do feel sorry for them, because it probably takes a hell of a toll on the person’s psyche, knowing you're the reason they're dead and now you've been convicted of their murder. But it should still be criminally punished if you kill your sub. As much as I do feel sorry for these doms, it is murder and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Overall, I think that no, BDSM should not be outlawed. People do honestly think we advocate murder and we don't. We don't advocate murder at all and one shouldn't ever put their sub that close to death. There's no reason to outlaw BDSM. But maybe I'm a bit biased since, you know, it's my fetish as well. But whatever.

Mibba, what do you think? Should BDSM be outlawed? Please note that there are some countries that have it illegal, but for the most part, it is completely legal as long as it is consensual. BDSM must be 100% consensual at all times.
September 26th, 2011 at 12:46am