Numbers?

what is a number, really?
is it an amount that brings value?
how can we put a number on real value... priceless?
what doesn't involve numbers?
there's math, money, politics, churches, weightloss.
it's all about numbers.
why do so many people let numbers rule their lives.
it doesn't matter what the value of X is in math.
it does not matter how much money you make
it doesn't matter how many people agree with your opinion
it doesn't matter how many people are sitting in the pew.
it doesn't matter what the tag says on your new pair of jeans, that actually fits.
if we could all just stop letting these numbers rule our lives, don't you think we could experience real freedom.
real happiness.
yes, learn how to add and subtract. know how to balance a check book. math is not bad.
work hard, be as generous as you can. the more you give of yourself, the more you'll find.
speak your mind, be heard. if its unpopular, it just means that you're not a mindless idiot who follows everyone else.
tell the world that jesus loves them, but to do that, you need to go out and tell them, not hope that they will magically sit in on your church service.
or if you have a huge church, don't stand there tall and mighty like you have it all together. realize that the number doesn't matter, the soul does. and God help us. We need to get over the disgusting obsession with being "perfect".
no more eating disorders.
no more unnecessary diets.
please, make yourself healthy, and be happy with that.
who are you trying to be.
when did wrinkles become a bad thing. I always thought wrinkles bring signs of wisdom and maturity.
unlike the disgusting, unnatural, puffed up look that comes with plastic surgery or botox.
you're not a size zero. no one should be a size zero.
you're getting old. when did that become a bad thing. it is praised in almost any culture other than in america.
look around you. REALLY look around you. what matters in life.
what really, truly matters.
the size jeans you were wearing?
the amount of money you made?
how many people's opinions were pleasing enough to you?
or is enjoying the people that God placed around you.
The place that you are at right now. There is beauty there.
Look up, off of yourself, your situation, your number. You'll see it.
Money doesn't bring happiness. It brings bondage.
Diets won't give you the "ideal" body.
The models are the ones who need to change their eating habits.
Learn to live in the moment.
Plan for the future, but don't miss out on what is going on right now.
Life is crazy. SO crazy. Don't go insane.
Take that time everyday to sit back and realize how blessed you are. and then enjoy the blessings.
you're alive, you're you.
you can never truly be someone else, no matter what you do to yourself to change, so learn to love who you are.
you really are the only one like you.
forget about numbers, they'll only hold you down and then you won't be able to fly.
September 28th, 2011 at 04:00am