Mibba's Composition

Alright. So I've been reading through a lot of Mibba while I write and I have noticed a repeating and slightly annoying fad. PEOPLE DONT HOW TO WRITE! It's not the stories. The story plots are fantastic and I commend you all, but as for your sentences and paragraphs. Pick up an English book or any book for that matter.

First off. Conversations. This was the biggest thing. Conversations are seperated. They are done so because when a conversation happens, the view swtiches from either 1st or 3rd person to 2nd. That is the only time it is done. When you write someone saying something to another person and then have the person answer. They will not be in the same paragraph. At All! Pay attention.

"I'm telling you this for a reason," said the concerned writer.

The student nodded and replied, "I understand. I'm sure the other will listen too."

The writer sighed, "Good. I hope they will."

Do you understand? It's simple. It's there to make conversations easier to read and easily show who is the main focus of that particular point. Seriously, check any book with conversations in it. This is how it works.

The second issue was something that you can check with a click of a button. Spelling. Dudes. Dudettes. I don't know if you noticed it, but in the top left corner of every window you can write on in Mibba, is a spell check button. This thing does actually work, so use it. Please. Thank you.

I wrote this because, well, I'm a Lit major and writing is my life. I can't read a story that's fd up. It annoys me. Sorry to burst your bubbles. Deuces.
September 28th, 2011 at 11:06pm