This is my planned path, but not exactly solid

Right now I am just sixteen years old, but i know where I stand ten years or so from now. I know what I want to be. Some people at my age are still undecided, but I feel that I have come to a conclusion.

I really want to be a Psychologist. I already know how many years I have to go to college for. Like seven years or so.

It's something I really want to do. I like to help people. I like to give advice. I like to be the one who they can confide in. To tell me anything and everything.

I have always been all ears. So to speak.

The only thing I am not sure about is what type of Psychologist I might be. Maybe a psychologist that helps the police by analyzing the psychos that they catch? Maybe I could be a child's psychologist -- at age 12, that is when you can note symptoms of Antisocial disorder in a child -- or maybe a psychologist that helps victims of sexual assault?

I would probably do better helping out victims because I tend to give advice to my friends when they are hurting; crying. It'd be risky to be a psychologist for the police or whatever, but it would be interesting -- tho at any given moment, I could be killed, if i do that job in the future.

I guess I have some more years to determine what exactly I want to do as a Psychologist. Maybe I'll know one day?
September 30th, 2011 at 12:10am